cschannuth

DE8556C7-0802-4494-9894-2424C30241C5.jpeg.fb035000a59b9f6cfaa96501e1c60f7b.jpeg

Does anyone make seat covers/pads similar to the ones that Bob Ellison used to make?  Thanks!

Edited by cschannuth
Added pic
  • Like 1

wallfish

@grnlark

Matt does some nice seats

• Thanks 1

Handy Don
2 hours ago, cschannuth said:

DE8556C7-0802-4494-9894-2424C30241C5.jpeg.fb035000a59b9f6cfaa96501e1c60f7b.jpeg

Does anyone make seat covers/pads similar to the ones that Bob Ellison used to make?  Thanks!

I like the footrest addition. If you have a picture of how the rear ends attach under the fender--and you are willing to share--please post or PM them? I'm looking to do something similar to make my Lawn Ranger a bit safer -- in particular for younger operators -- but do not want to alter the drive belt guard or put holes in the fenders.

cschannuth
55 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

If you have a picture of how the rear ends attach under the fender--and you are willing to share--please post or PM them? I'm looking to do something similar to make my Lawn Ranger a bit safer -- in particular for younger operators -- but do not want to alter the drive belt guard or put holes in the fenders.

@dclarke built this so he may have input. The tractor is not at my house so I will have to take a look and get you some pictures next time I get past the shed.

Gregor

Had the seat cover made at an upholstery shop, the took it an embroidery shop for the horse.  $170 for the cover. $20 for the embroidery.  I thought 170 was pretty high, but maybe not. He did do a great job.

1643871147_20210504_054807(2).thumb.jpg.80b80f072e9e6281f634c999e0ebd9ce.jpg

Edited by Gregor
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

cschannuth
2 hours ago, Gregor said:

Had the seat cover made at an upholstery shop, the took it an embroidery shop for the horse.  $170 for the cover. $20 for the embroidery.  I thought 170 was pretty high, but maybe not. He did do a great job.

1643871147_20210504_054807(2).thumb.jpg.80b80f072e9e6281f634c999e0ebd9ce.jpg

That’s probably not a bad price for a one off job at an upholstery shop. It looks great by the way. Bob Ellison used to make these and included the pre-cut foam for them for a little over $100 I think. I checked with him and he retired from making them.

dclarke
10 hours ago, Handy Don said:

I like the footrest addition. If you have a picture of how the rear ends attach under the fender--and you are willing to share--please post or PM them? I'm looking to do something similar to make my Lawn Ranger a bit safer -- in particular for younger operators -- but do not want to alter the drive belt guard or put holes in the fenders.

Don, here’s what I did on the foot rest support. 

2482622A-F2F4-4EC9-876B-C9C9BA23DF18.png

7737996A-6403-4A9F-B391-8CAEB56928EB.png

E5278A11-36D0-4253-8584-B2B9A64B42F4.png

31CFEB60-E1A8-4297-9D51-55B438C5B38A.png

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

cschannuth

@Handy Don see above from Denny. Thanks @dclarke Denny. 

• Like 2

Handy Don
7 hours ago, cschannuth said:

@Handy Don see above from Denny. Thanks @dclarke Denny. 

Thank you both for sharing the images. I'm trying to avoid permanent alterations to this '68 Lawn Ranger's parts, but I like how thoroughly supported your design made the footrests. I'm aiming for a "bolt on" solution but I may try to source another drive belt cover that I can modify without qualm! 

cschannuth
1 hour ago, Handy Don said:

Thank you both for sharing the images. I'm trying to avoid permanent alterations to this '68 Lawn Ranger's parts, but I like how thoroughly supported your design made the footrests. I'm aiming for a "bolt on" solution but I may try to source another drive belt cover that I can modify without qualm! 

Everything Denny does is better than new and this little tractor is built like a tank. Both my boys are about 6‘5“ and 240 pounds and they love driving it. But he also has it set up with an extra set of pedals so tiny tots can drive it as well. And with the low range he added to the transmission you can go slow enough for even the youngest drivers to enjoy it safely.  Good luck with yours. 

Handy Don
2 hours ago, cschannuth said:

Everything Denny does is better than new and this little tractor is built like a tank. Both my boys are about 6‘5“ and 240 pounds and they love driving it. But he also has it set up with an extra set of pedals so tiny tots can drive it as well. And with the low range he added to the transmission you can go slow enough for even the youngest drivers to enjoy it safely.  Good luck with yours. 

Yep, I realized it's got a passing resemblance to a Lawn Ranger but there is quite a bit more to it. I have too too many other projects afoot right now to entertain something like that but you never know how I'll feel about it when I get to working on it in the Fall.