Gregor

Mower Deck

Gregor

So, I have this mower deck. 20210718_133606.jpg.ec150e82c4375215306c7e1da4ccde80.jpgIt came with the C-141 when I bought it. I can find no numbers or serial # tag on it.  It measures 44" wide, has 3 blades, and is rear discharge. If possible, I would like to rebuild it, and put it on  the C-125.  Will it fit? Is the mule drive the same?

I also have this deck. It came with the 876.

1088210674_20210718_131726(2).jpg.b9179b8cc4ddcb173b8bb231af1ab530.jpgIt measures 37" wide, has 2 blades, and is rear discharge. Things look a little caddy-wompus on it right now, But I think it can be straightened out.   I would really prefer this deck on the 125, but I don't know if the PTO can be adapted to work. Can it be done? Anyone ever done it?

pfrederi

Smaller deck is driven by a 2.5" pulley not the 5" on your C125...Blades might take off at doubled speed:P

clueless

Top picture deck looks to be a 36" or 42" RD deck, probably a 42". It will work with the C125 and mule drive just fine with the right PTO drive belt. The one in the bottom picture, not so much :snooty:.

gwest_ca

The 42" deck will be one of these

Mower DNA

1976 model 65-42MR01 replaced by - (Has the flat spindle belt idler pulley mounted on a triangular plate.) - (Has multi-link hardware at the gauge wheel support)

1977 model 75-42MR01 - Both use blades with 5/8" x 3/4" double-D center hole unless the spindles have been upgraded. (Has the flat spindle belt idler pulley mounted on a triangular plate) - (Has multi-link hardware at the gauge wheel support)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These all use blades with 3/4" center hole.

1977 model 75-42MR02 replaced by - (Has the flat spindle belt idler pulley mounted on a flat bar) (Has multi-link hardware at the gauge wheel support)

1978 model 85-42MR01 - (Has the flat spindle belt idler pulley mounted on a flat bar) (Has multi-link hardware at the gauge wheel support)

1979 model 95-42MR01 - No ipl available

1979 model 95-42MR02 - (Has no multi-link hardware at the gauge wheel support)

1980-1983 model 05-42MR01

1984 model 05-42MR02 - Last year for bearings with 3/4" ID

1985 model 05-42MR03 - First year for bearings with 17mm ID unless older spindles were updated.

1986-1988 model 05-42MR04

1989-1990 model 15-42RC01

1990-1992 model 15-42RC02

1993-2012 model 78350

peter lena

@Gregor  agree with @clueless  on the 42" R/D deck , have 3 of them , rebuilt a couple and detail  upgraded them for dependability , improvements , all bearings are the 6203 ( 3/4 " id )  also replaced the pto bearings , my suggestion is to use the LUCAS EXTRA HEAVY DUTY  POLYUREA GREASE , HI TEMP AND ANTI SLING , I REGREASE ALL MY BEARINGS WHEN NEW , WITH A WIPE OUT OF OF ORIGINAL GREASE.  and refill with lucas  hi temp , for zero failure and no noisy whining. like the way those r/d decks clean out , any questions just ask . pete

• Like 1

peter lena

@Gregor  this what I  use to pry off those deck pulleys , use the spindle bolt heads , UNDER THE  PULLEYS , as your leverage point to equally pry up the pulley , put end of bar up against the pulley center base, use 2 bars and equally push down on both bars rocking on the deck bolt heads, the pulleys will easily pop off , with no bending or damage. it works . pete

tom2p
6 hours ago, peter lena said:

@Gregor  agree with @clueless  on the 42" R/D deck , have 3 of them , rebuilt a couple and detail  upgraded them for dependability , improvements , all bearings are the 6203 ( 3/4 " id )  also replaced the pto bearings , my suggestion is to use the LUCAS EXTRA HEAVY DUTY  POLYUREA GREASE , HI TEMP AND ANTI SLING , I REGREASE ALL MY BEARINGS WHEN NEW , WITH A WIPE OUT OF OF ORIGINAL GREASE.  and refill with lucas  hi temp , for zero failure and no noisy whining. like the way those r/d decks clean out , any questions just ask . pete

pete - are you now using the Lucas x-tra heavy duty grease instead of the red n tacky grease  ?

peter lena

@tom2p, I like them both , similar properties , think  the anti sling in the  extra heavy gives it the edge, splitting hairs there , as they are both way above many lubricants. can honestly say since going over to lucas grease lubricants , and watching their  effects , I have zero failures , zero noisy , whining bearings , has made a very reliable difference , in maintenance . also realize that this type of response is way past what others do , just my past work experience makes me go after chronic issues , easy enough to try it yourself , my pto mule bearings , #6203 ( 3/4 ) bore , typically get very hot , would get very noisy and fail , now in my 3 horses , they are silent and solid. pocket screwdriver , easily pops off side grease shields , wipe out existing "grease". lightly repack  with lucas extra heavy duty, reinstall, how do they sound/ work ? mine are effortless , same bearings in deck spindles and mule drive , also use the grease in pto needle bearing cone , this set up works for me , it should work for you too , pete  

tom2p
On 7/19/2021 at 8:26 AM, peter lena said:

@tom2p, I like them both , similar properties , think  the anti sling in the  extra heavy gives it the edge, splitting hairs there , as they are both way above many lubricants. can honestly say since going over to lucas grease lubricants , and watching their  effects , I have zero failures , zero noisy , whining bearings , has made a very reliable difference , in maintenance . also realize that this type of response is way past what others do , just my past work experience makes me go after chronic issues , easy enough to try it yourself , my pto mule bearings , #6203 ( 3/4 ) bore , typically get very hot , would get very noisy and fail , now in my 3 horses , they are silent and solid. pocket screwdriver , easily pops off side grease shields , wipe out existing "grease". lightly repack  with lucas extra heavy duty, reinstall, how do they sound/ work ? mine are effortless , same bearings in deck spindles and mule drive , also use the grease in pto needle bearing cone , this set up works for me , it should work for you too , pete  

one thing I like about the red n tacky is it does not dry  / cake / solidify 

• Like 1