Bill D

Loaders: The good and the Bad. Pictures wanted.

Wheel Horse 3D

Dont see why you couldnt reuse the lift cylinder and modify the control valve...i had actually been pondering this same thing.

Extend the lines link the cylinder to some point in the front steering linkage, and modify the control valve to link to the steering wheel.

Bill D
25 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Dont see why you couldnt reuse the lift cylinder and modify the control valve...i had actually been pondering this same thing.

Extend the lines link the cylinder to some point in the front steering linkage, and modify the control valve to link to the steering wheel.

I thought there was a power steering kit for the 520's.  How did it work?  I thought someone on here was building a full hydraulic steering system using parts from a Deere.

pfrederi
3 hours ago, Bill D said:

I'm curious, if a loader was installed on a dedicated hydro machine, could the hydraulics from the no longer need attachment lift be used to power some sort of power steering setup?  Has anyone done it. 

Yes there was a thread on here somewhere several years ago somebody did just that

wallfish
10 hours ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

and modify the control valve to link to the steering wheel

You'll want a steering valve if you want any kind of control over the steering but I guess you could do it like a lever steer.

Search epay for garden tractor steering valves. JD 318, Sunstar etc, many had them and it would be nice if you can find the whole circuit setup with everything to make the conversion easier. :twocents-02cents:

• Like 1