prondzy

I have a c81. It has separate clutch and brake pedals. I have been thinking of making a 2 seater for me and the Mrs. I want to make it a single clutch brake pedal. I know it can be done one way or another,  but has anyone on here done it already, got any pics?20190621_173658.jpg.1ff5b37bfaf962462ccc5ce2345c8ccf.jpg

• Like 1

Pullstart

Mike, it seems to me you could nix all the linkages and just run an old school clutch/brake setup on the left?  Maybe even make a linkage to run on either left or right?

• Like 1

prondzy
1 minute ago, pullstart said:

Mike, it seems to me you could nix all the linkages and just run an old school clutch/brake setup on the left?  Maybe even make a linkage to run on either left or right?

Kev, that's what I'm thinking,  just figured someone did it already.  If no pics I'll just figure it out

WHX??

I dunno Mike that looks to be too nice a tractor to ...well... modify... tractor for sale!?!?! Trade ya for a real nice 857 that would make a dandy two seater.....:ychain:

• Like 1

roadapples

Did this on my C160 with the loader. I'll get pics and a better explanation tomorrow...

• Like 1

kpinnc

Many older tractors that used stirrup foot rests combined the clutch and brake on one pedal. The park brake accessibility becomes the issue if you use full length foot rests.

IMG_20210615_184240696.jpg

• Like 1

squonk

Leave that RH pedal there and connected to fake linkage and  a return spring. That way when she's riding with you and she feels like you need to stop quick she can stomp on the pedal to her heart's content and you can keep speeding along! :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Pullstart
5 hours ago, squonk said:

Leave that RH pedal there and connected to fake linkage and  a return spring. That way when she's riding with you and she feels like you need to stop quick she can stomp on the pedal to her heart's content and you can keep speeding along! :)

What if she’s driving and he wants to stop it?  I guess he can always have a kill tether...

Jeff-C175
36 minutes ago, pullstart said:

What if she’s driving and he wants to stop it?

pinch her butt... she'll probably stop to slap his face.

• Haha 4

roadapples

Kpinnc has a good picture of the single pedal setup. I drilled a second hole in the brake pad bracket and added that same rod. I think I had to bend it a little more. Left everything else the way it was. I can use either pedal. 

Reason.. I was used to the single pedal. When I brought my 74 C160 with loader home backed on my pickup, I drove it off. When it started down the ramps I went for the brake on the left, which of course was the clutch. Got it stopped half way across the yard. Didn't know these little tractors could go that fast. Fortunately nothing in my way. Had a good laugh later on after I changed my pants...  here's a couple pics.20210716_132637.jpg.d41a7443f93693308640d6d4707c3dae.jpg20210716_133021.jpg.81982631e0bf8025b8cc00f60d13cc73.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Pullstart
58 minutes ago, roadapples said:

Kpinnc has a good picture of the single pedal setup. I drilled a second hole in the brake pad bracket and added that same rod. I think I had to bend it a little more. Left everything else the way it was. I can use either pedal. 

Reason.. I was used to the single pedal. When I brought my 74 C160 with loader home backed on my pickup, I drove it off. When it started down the ramps I went for the brake on the left, which of course was the clutch. Got it stopped half way across the yard. Didn't know these little tractors could go that fast. Fortunately nothing in my way. Had a good laugh later on after I changed my pants...  here's a couple pics.

I like that you kept the brake pedal there too Mr. Jay... smart!

Mike it does look like you could just add a trunion to the clutch arm and add a shorter brake rod and be done...

Sorry for the darkness, but it looks quite easy when you see it.

599CF01F-1B37-4634-B8C3-AE38CA1470C1.jpeg

AA9CBF09-207C-46F3-9B74-AB87DDF23585.jpeg

Edited by pullstart
Photo
  • Like 3