D_Mac

From the weeds to ........ My 500 Special

OutdoorEnvy

Looks Great!  I saw your pics in the other thread but didn't even realize it was one of the "weeds" tractors you saved.  I'd say excellent work and way to bring back a good user!...  Goes to show you should never give up on one and until you give it a go

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine

Don ole boy I gotta tell ya. ... You sure do know how to shine up a rig!!

• Thanks 1

D_Mac

It came out pretty good so far. Someone painted it long ago, I don't know what kind of paint they used but I was able to wash most all of it off by using degreaser and a scotch pad. Left a nice patina so I just used paste wax on the tins. Like I said I need to work on the frame and front axel as well as the rear end. Looking for a decent seat. Thing runs great, shifts smooth, steering is tight. Just have to figure out where to keep it !!!

57 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Don ole boy I gotta tell ya. ... You sure do know how to shine up a rig!!

Edited by D_Mac

RandyLittrell

Looks really good!! 

Randy

• Thanks 1

D_Mac

Only things I repainted are pictured. Wheels and blower housing, air filter cover, gas tank mounting bracket. The rest is decreased, elbow grease, and paste wax.

• Like 1

WheelhorseBob

Well I love it but what do I know.....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

It’s good to see you getting into the mechanics of things too!  Pulling the flywheel, the head... etc.  great accomplishments compared to a year ago!

by the way, I saw another Lambert in Portage, WI last weekend.  I meant to grab a picture of it, but it was surely a Lambert.

D_Mac

I had help with the wrenching on the 500. My friends garage is better equipped then mine. He was a small engine before his retirement. He helps me out a lot. I was hoping to hear from the guy who bought my Lambert. He also bought my Homemade Speedanza too. Once he loaded them on the trailer I never heard back from him. Right now I am in a pickle. More tractors then space. Might have some outside. Ughhh

Dirty Dingus Magee

what are those rear tires?  i dont think i have seen them before

D_Mac
2 hours ago, Dirty Dingus Magee said:

what are those rear tires?  i dont think i have seen them before

Those rear tires are New Old Stock. Inteurbans. 6x12 believe they were made by Firestone. Very close to the Town & Country's

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
18 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

Those rear tires are New Old Stock. Inteurbans. 6x12 believe they were made by Firestone. Very close to the Town & Country's

VERY good find on those Don. 

D_Mac

I have a set of White Walls, same tire I thought would look good but I couldnt find white wall front tires. I know some guys paint on the WW but I didnt want to try. I can get Town & Country's as well. I mounted the T&C's on the Lambert

20200515_152942.jpg

20200515_152950.jpg

• Like 1

D_Mac

Spent some more time detailing the 500 this morning. Looking a little better. I did use a little touch up paint in some areas but I am trying to keep the patina. Still looking for a seat. I also will me working on the mower deck.

20210719_114811.jpg

20210719_114828.jpg

20210719_115252.jpg

20210719_115223.jpg

20210719_114857.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

D_Mac

To bad I'm to big for those vintage Wheel Horse windbreakers I picked up. They go with the 500 Special nicely. The plow and tractor are ready for work.

20210719_174823.jpg

20210719_165931.jpg

20210419_150621.jpg

20210419_150741.jpg

• Excellent 1

D_Mac

Came with the bottom plow, deck, and snow plow. Installed the deck today. Needs a patch but works nicely.

20210720_111041.jpg

20210720_111052.jpg

D_Mac

I had this seat, figured I would see how it looks. I noticed with the deck on its not that easy to get on and off the tractor. The high back seat doesn't make it any easier.

20210720_163112.jpg

20210720_162514.jpg

20210720_162459.jpg

ebinmaine
9 hours ago, D_Mac said:

its not that easy to get on and off the tractor

That's one of several reasons I prefer a tractor with side steps. 

• Like 1

adsm08
4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

That's one of several reasons I prefer a tractor with side steps. 

I was actually eyeing the running boards on the 800 last night wondering if they'd fit the 855.

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, adsm08 said:

I was actually eyeing the running boards on the 800 last night wondering if they'd fit the 855.

I've never tried to swap from stirrups to steps. Seems like it would be a bolt on though. 

adsm08
9 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I've never tried to swap from stirrups to steps. Seems like it would be a bolt on though. 

Well I got the idea in my head when I noticed the 800 has the same bar for the stirrups as the 855, and it's just a loop of metal around it on the step.

The big thing I would have to overcome is it looks like none of the other mounting points exist on the 855.

• Like 1

D_Mac

I looked at an 857 one time and it had floorboards on it. I asked the owner if he put them on and he said the guy he got if from put them on. Not sure what they came off of.

• Like 1