TractorChild97

Which 3 speed is this?

TractorChild97

I need seals for this 3 speed. I'm not sure what seals I need forsure. I have seen the seal part number sheet but which 3 speed is it? Thanks for the help guys. 

IMG_20210706_191742785_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210706_191755377_HDR.jpg

Pullstart

All our commando 800’s have had 1” axles.  What’s up with the custom bracket?

adsm08

800 Special should have a Peerless transaxle. I know little about them, except that I am told they were pretty light-duty compared to other WH trannies, and that I don't like the one I have.

In fact, I picked up a Uni-Drive at the show, and as soon as I get time to fab up a bracket I'm swapping it into my 800. Most of my issues/complaints with that tractor relate to the transmission.

Edited by adsm08
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

gwest_ca

TractorChild97
4 hours ago, pullstart said:

All our commando 800’s have had 1” axles.  What’s up with the custom bracket?

We have certain tractors for offroading and this is one. The trans twisted forward before so the extra bracket was added. :)

• Like 3

Pullstart

Yeah, I saw 800 and immediately went to Commando... not Special.  Peerless it is, not Uni-drive.

• Sad 1

adsm08
13 hours ago, pullstart said:

Yeah, I saw 800 and immediately went to Commando... not Special.  Peerless it is, not Uni-drive.

I only recognized it as quickly as I did because of the big goofy drive pulley.

One of the quirks of the Peerless (at least my Peerless) is that if you let the clutch up in neutral you have to sit and wait for the input shaft to spin down and stop before putting it in gear or it grinds. None of the other tractors I have ever owned did that.

• Like 2

Wheelhorse#1

Yes the 800 special has that 1400 peerless too.I bought it to cut grass and it’s good for that.

Havent had any problems yet but I’m just cutting grass.I’d like to swap out for a heavier trans.Still tying to figure out if it will work out or not.

adsm08
7 minutes ago, Wheelhorse#1 said:

Yes the 800 special has that 1400 peerless too.I bought it to cut grass and it’s good for that.

Havent had any problems yet but I’m just cutting grass.I’d like to swap out for a heavier trans.Still tying to figure out if it will work out or not.

I can't see why it won't, it might just be a bit of extra fab work.

The Peerless mounts by four bolts under the fender pan going into the top of the unit.. Every other WheelHorse I have actually taken the time to look at the transaxle, it mounts by a plate that hangs down and four bolts going into the front of the trans.

My plan for the Uni-drive I picked up is to make an H-plate that would hit those four hole and mount bolt to two holes in the top of the Uni-drive. It probably won't be as strong as the vertical plate, but it should suffice for what I do with it, which is mostly going to be mowing and some light towing of a yard cart.

• Like 1

Wheelhorse#1
6 minutes ago, adsm08 said:

I can't see why it won't, it might just be a bit of extra fab work.

The Peerless mounts by four bolts under the fender pan going into the top of the unit.. Every other WheelHorse I have actually taken the time to look at the transaxle, it mounts by a plate that hangs down and four bolts going into the front of the trans.

My plan for the Uni-drive I picked up is to make an H-plate that would hit those four hole and mount bolt to two holes in the top of the Uni-drive. It probably won't be as strong as the vertical plate, but it should suffice for what I do with it, which is mostly going to be mowing and some light towing of a yard cart.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.I was thinking  of the same thing but haven’t had the time to look to see how other Uni were actually mounted .

And something els to think about would it change the hight too much as it would make the deck not level.

thx