Jon925mn

Learning Curve

Jon925mn

So I'm in my 50's and new to Red Square and ownership. All started with my need for a snowblower. Kubota wanted 6K! so I ran away fast and searched for alternatives.

Saw a 1990 416-H on Craig's with s.s. blower and deck. Paid $375 and brought it home. Tractor is ownership ugly but runs very smooth with no noise or smoke. Problem

is blower is no good after further inspection (auger not true and housing cracking under shroud where bracket attaches). Never saw it run as deck was on so no one to 

blame but me. Sold the deck for $125 (no need) so now own this without a blower for $250. Out of nowhere I see and buy this 1985 310-8 for $225. Overpaid for a tiller

($350) but the tines look almost new. Seals were leaking (age) so I split it and put new bearings and seals in. So now I have tractor that will only be used to till twice a year and 

she and the tiller run excellent. The 416 has no use until I get a blower or a different tractor. So after all is done and buying misc. parts from wheelhorsepartsandmore

(belts/seals ect...) I'm roughly 1K into these 2 tractors. Had I used better judgment on inspecting the blower I would be set up for winter as well. I find myself oddly addicted spacer.png

to these unique well built tractors and hope to make good decisions and learn along the way. Off and running.....

20210706_091819.jpg

20210706_091839.jpg

20210628_090121.jpg

20210628_090159.jpg

Edited by MNDIESEL
Add pictures
  • Excellent 3

Jeff-C175

Do you weld?  or know someone who does?  Should be a pretty easy matter to repair that blower.  Show us some pics of the damage.

Oh... and WELCOME!

Achto

:WRS:

Jon925mn

Not a welder but might have my neighbor look at it. The curved auger is more of a problem. Trying to straighten that will probably make it worse.

WHX??

:WRS: Jon 

1 hour ago, MNDIESEL said:

Overpaid for a tiller

($350) but the tines look almost new.

That is about the going rate for a tiller so you did ok there. 

That 416 is but very capable tractor and can be tilled with the same tiller with the addition of a rear rockshaft kit. A little TLC, a new seat and some touch up paint she'll be a fine worker. 

On the blower yep once the blower is bent she's toast you'll never get the wobble out of it. Yes what you need is a donor blower and I have just the ticket. The blower on this tractor has been all redone and gone thru end to end and would be a good donor. I blew with it for a few years till I graduated to a deuce and then another 520 with a single tall. The short chute is shot (slush ripped it right off) and probably could be repaired but not by me as I had already repaired it three times and now that I am blower heavy. I'll get you some more pics & PM you with specifics if interested.

Not to kill my own sale but you may want to consider looking for a tall chute. They move snow abit better and don't have the what can be  troublesome cable turn. 

20151114_180110.jpg

20161204_104736.jpg

20161211_120756.jpg

20171230_194221.jpg

• Like 3

Jeff-C175
2 hours ago, WHX24 said:

once the blower is bent she's toast you'll never get the wobble out of it

I betcha @PbFlinger could!  I think he has micrometers for finger tips!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

jay bee

:text-welcomewave: to :rs:

You’ve come to the right place and we’re glad you’re here. 

Pullstart

:text-welcomeconfetti:  I don’t have an addiction either... pushing 30 machines in the stable and can’t find any worth getting rid of...  @WHX24 beat me to the offer, but while reading I thought “I have a parts blower that could help!”  I used the brackets off it to build a front mount sickle mower and have never used the blower itself.

WHX??
7 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I have a parts blower

Any chance it's got a tall chute? I'd like to convert a short for a backup. 

• Sad 1

Jon925mn
On 7/6/2021 at 12:42 PM, MNDIESEL said:
23 hours ago, WHX24 said:

I'll get you some more pics & PM you with specifics if interested.

Yes interested in blower but also would not be able to fix spout. I can bolt on a different one but not fabricate one to work. Single stage with tall spout sounds like the desirable setup.

Pullstart

My auger doesn’t look too healthy...

D2A6F66F-3389-40B1-90F5-1EA8390BF240.jpeg

497B61D7-F495-46A6-BFF4-3AD9A3F40CE4.jpeg

Jeff-C175
56 minutes ago, pullstart said:

My auger doesn’t look too healthy...

:eusa-think: :scared-eek: