Bill Winn

Missing Plow Bar

Bill Winn

Good morning, I have a plow that I got with my C175 that is missing the main pullbar. Does anyone have one they could take dimensions off of so I can make one?

Also can anyone identify these parts that came loose in a cardboard box? I was going to chuck them but thought better of it. I may find I need those parts later. Sure as shootin' if I throw them out or reforge them into candle holders or something Ill need them the next day.

Bill

IMG_3928.JPG

IMG_3929.JPG

IMG_3930.JPG

IMG_3931.JPG

Edited by Bill Winn

oliver2-44

Go back and ask who every you got the plow from if the main bar is still around. 

In the 2nd picture the round wheel is a coulter for the plow. 

The red andle bracket with the hole in it is for the sleeve hitch. 

• Like 2

Bill Winn

SOLVED!

So... I was taking measurements of the hitch yoke on my cultivator so that I could make a few more. I have some old 3/8" thick truck leaf spring that is 3" wide (close enough) so I heated it beyond critical in the forge this morning and as I write the three pieces I cut off are annealing in a barrel of vermiculite. While I was measuring the yoke I notice that the draw bar on the cultivator has an angled plate that is stamped "Up Plow Only".

The plow, cultivator, and disc must have come as a set. The cultivator has a Wheel Horse brand plate riveted to it. I guess one is supposed to move the bar back and forth from implement to implement. No thanks!

I have almost finished a draw bar for the disc. I just need to drift the holes in the yoke stock and bend them to shape. Once I weld that to the draw bar I made yesterday the disc is ready. I also added a 36" section of road grader blade to the rear swinging from brackets as a drag.

I think I will make a new bar for the cultivator and dedicate the Wheel Horse branded bar to the plow due to the complexity of its design with angles and such.

When I get them all done I'll post pictures.

I'm debating whether to bother painting the new bars and yokes.  What say you? Paint or nah?

Bill

IMG_4003.JPG

IMG_4005.JPG

IMG_4006.JPG

• Excellent 1

Handy Don

My guess is that all the yokes had the same stamp. Could it be that the holes being pointed out were only useful for shifting the plow pulling angle. It would seem pointless for a disc or cultivator, wouldn't it?

I am not a fan of rust or patina. I paint.

Edited by Handy Don
  • Like 1

Bill Winn
2 hours ago, Handy Don said:

I am not a fan of rust or patina. I paint.

Noted