Sign in to follow this  
Redbird

211-5SB

Redbird

:thumbs: OK thanks to TT I got the right size back tires for the 211-5SB. Now for the front. Right now it has 13 x 6.00-6

Are these the right size? Given that the back ones are so big, they look awfully small.

Should they be 15 x 6.00-6? Any help will be appreciated.

:thumbs2:

Red Bird

tgordonjr

your right on the money. The manual for my 211-5 shows the fronts to be 15x6.00-6 and the rears 18x9.50-8 :thumbs2:

Redbird

Thanks Gord :thumbs2:

By the way--know where I can get 211-5SB manual? And are you going to be at the show? If so, see you there

tgordonjr

sorry for the late response, been busy. As for the manual I see them for the 200 series on ebay every now and then, just have to keep looking. By the way what does the "SB" stand for?

Redbird

I just found out that the SB stands for Super Bagger---oh God! I hope it didn't have one. I really don't like any mowers with baggers on them LMAO :thumbs2: They just look silly to me for some reason. Thanks for the info on where to look for a manual. I hope Hubby and I meet up with you at the show. Going in on Thursday and set up camp. See you there.

wh500special

I just found out that the SB stands for Super Bagger---oh God! I hope it didn't have one.

Wow, I've never seen someone with an agenda against rear baggers.... :thumbs2:

Don't fret, the bagger was optional :thumbs: . But the single blade 30" deck (might be 33", I don't recall off hand) was included with the tractor. Seems like these were 1988 and 1989 models. You can plug your VIN number into the Toro parts lookup system to find part numbers for whatever you need, Then you can take those numbers to a dealer or places like rcpw.com to check pricing and availability.

These were economy models but were probably some of the best performing mowing machines of the whole WH lineup. I think there was a 208 (8hp) SB too. These were introduced when the plug was pulled from the 100 series rear engine rider and the deck was scavenged from that line. In 1990 the "Super Bagger" name disappeared when Toro merged their RER lineup (8-25, 10-32, 12-32, etc) into the Toro-WH line. The small deck did remain an option on the 200 series to accomany the more common 37" SD and 36" RD decks.

Single blade decks don't have as much turbulence and don't have to fight for airflow from other blades whizzing around in the same housing so tend to develop awesome suction and airflow capabilities. And they can usually chuck stuff up a bagging chute with minimal plugging. hence the "Super Bagger" marketing term. There is probably some regulation limiting blade length to 33" or so which is why you never see bigger single blade decks on consumer equipment.

Your tractor had standard quite small wheels and tires both front and rear. Chances are the little dinks on the front are original and correct since wider tires would stick out past the edges of the deck. And that would make for a pretty lousy trimming setup. Whatever sizes TT told you are probably correct.

I always thought the "SB's" looked kind of strange with the small tires. Especially the 208 which lacked headlamps. You'll find that there really aren't that many collectors who are as enthusiastic about the 200 series as I am (I have about 6 of them) so the market for these is pretty soft. But in the lawn tractor world they really were a pretty nice little unit and can outmanuever just about anything else from their era. They have a pretty stout frame for an LT, but the transaxles are not meant for much more than lightweight attachments like fertilizer spreaders and such.

I don't know if the "SB" line had a unique manual or not. Probably was just a 200 series manual. They do pop up on eBay from time to time or you might find one at the show. It is worthwhile to have since there are some adjustment procedures outlined in there for deck leveling, brake adjusting, etc. Either version of the manual (1 has "Toro" on it, the other does not) will be fine. I don't have any spares unfortunately.

Steve

• Like 1

Redbird

Hi Steve!

Thanks for all the info. I did find out the right tire sizes (both the front and rear were smaller than they should be) and I have the right ones on it now. Mine is definitely a 1989. I contacted Toro a awhile back with all the numbers and found out what year it was. I REALLY appreciate all the background info on it. See you at the show :thumbs2: