Dan.gerous

Aktivist Diesel Tractor

Dan.gerous

While looking for a crop sprayer for sale, I happened apon this old girl in the "unsold lots" section of Cheffins auction house. £1100 GBP is the price.

Anyone seen one of these before? I dont want it personally, but its always nice to share with the group!

1551259_8.jpg

1551260_8.jpg

1551261_8.jpg

1551262_8.jpg

1551263_8.jpg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

Interesting piece

• Like 2

Pullstart

Never seen one, but why would it be unsold?  Reserve price not met?

• Like 1

oldlineman

very interesting thanks for sharing . Bob 

Dan.gerous
37 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Never seen one, but why would it be unsold?  Reserve price not met?

It had a reserve and can be brought for that price now, guess nobody wanted it - there are a couple of Porsches in the background also unsold.

From what little information that is around its German, 1948-52 vintage with a V twin diesel engine.

• Like 1

seuadr

looks stout!

stevasaurus

@Dan.gerous  , I think it is OK showing that tractor the way you did.  Thank you.  Be careful not to advertise the auction or auction house with out permission.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ranger

Whilst on the Cheffins website did you notice the C125 Wheelhorse complete with front end loader that sold for £1200.00?

• Like 1

Dan.gerous
2 hours ago, ranger said:

Whilst on the Cheffins website did you notice the C125 Wheelhorse complete with front end loader that sold for £1200.00?

No??!!

I wonder how I managed to miss that?!

ranger
40 minutes ago, Dan.gerous said:

No??!!

I wonder how I managed to miss that?!

I had a look at it on Sunday, the hydraulic pump has a leak, but it looked quite well built. I started the bidding at £500.00, but then it went straight to the £1200.00 reserve.

Edited by ranger
  • Like 1

Dan.gerous
17 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

@Dan.gerous  , I think it is OK showing that tractor the way you did.  Thank you.  Be careful not to advertise the auction or auction house with out permission.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

No worries, I hadnt actually thought about the advertising aspect when I posted....

• Excellent 1

Dan.gerous
12 hours ago, ranger said:

I had a look at it on Sunday, the hydraulic pump has a leak, but it looked quite well built. I started the bidding at £500.00, but then it went straight to the £1200.00 reserve.

That would be a fun project, building a loader - just need to get my welding skills up a notch!

Never actually thought about searching for wheelhorses on the auction sites, I tend to just be looking at farming machinery. Another project (add it to the ten mile long list) is to buy an old Self propelled sprayer, cut everything off the back, chuck a Hiab on it and use it as a fencing/maintenance vehicle around the farm - I just missed one on Ebay and have been intrigued ever since...see pics.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l16001.jpg

s-l16002.jpg

s-l16003.jpg

• Like 3

ranger

I remember looking at one years ago, it had a rear platform for mounting various implements, sprayers, spreaders, etc. It had a ford 1.6 diesel engine and front wheel drive gearbox mounted longitudinally, coupled to Land Rover axles. I can’t remember if they were both front axles to give 4WS.

Doug.

• Like 1

Dan.gerous
1 hour ago, ranger said:

I remember looking at one years ago, it had a rear platform for mounting various implements, sprayers, spreaders, etc. It had a ford 1.6 diesel engine and front wheel drive gearbox mounted longitudinally, coupled to Land Rover axles. I can’t remember if they were both front axles to give 4WS.

Doug.

I like the landrover based units, would be much easier to source parts than the one pictured as that has an Italian axle that is no longer made.

• Like 1

ranger

I believe older Toyota Hilux pickups are quite popular amongst the farming fraternity, re-registered as “agricultural vehicles”, modified with big wheels and tyres, rear platforms and most importantly, able to legally burn “Cherryade”, (red diesel). Mind you, the amount of “Red” that goes missing out here in the fens, suggests that the legal/illegal aspect of using it in road vehicles is ignored by certain sections of the community!

Doug.

• Haha 1