Sign in to follow this  
wh500special

Cub Cadet 1250

wh500special

Came soooo close to buying this thing just for the heck of it last night.  Cub Cadet 1250 Hydro.  I think it might be the original owner (or at least the same family) and in fantastic shape.  Really a nice machine.

I'm guessing $250 is a  great price for one this nice.  Did this series usually have side panels covering the engine?  I don't know Cubs that well.  @T-Mo

Steve

cub1250.jpg

Edited by wh500special
  • Like 1

ACman

Spent many many hours on a 1250 when I was a kid and that picture brought back some really good memories  . Ours looked just like that with no panels but yes it should have side panels and has a shaker plate . Those are the parts that made it the new “quietline” series  in 1974 . I remember when grandpa brought it to the farm I couldn’t believe how fast it was and not to mention how well it did donuts in the gravel :auto-layrubber: . With a spinner knob in my left hand and the hydro lever in my right that machine took 2hrs off my mowing time. It’s a beast and for $250 I’d be all over that machine and you won’t be disappointed . There’s also a profit in it for you if you need to get rid of it . Around my parts of the country you can’t touch one with no deck for less than $500 . They do have their quirks like the isolation rubbers (as do Wheel Horse) that leads to stress cracks and coupler failures mostly in the geared tractors (1200 . 1400 ,1600) . Just educate yourself to know what to look for and you won’t be disappointed .  

• Like 1

wh500special

I assumed it was a great deal, just hard to justify when I'm trying to clean house.  If it's still there in  a day or two I might not be able to resist.

You mentioned how fast these are and I had forgotten about that.  I have a 1512 Diesel and the first time I drove it I was amazed at how fast it would go.  CC made some nice equipment, for sure.

Steve

• Like 1

D_Mac

I had a 106 I refreshed last year. Was my first Cub. I really liked it. 250 and a hydro ??? .... load it up and bring it home. Mine had a 42 inch snow blower with it. Painted the blower and did some touch up paint and a lot of cleaning on the tractor. Those old Cubs are built like tanks.

20200829_183522.jpg

20200829_183543.jpg

20200818_153311.jpg

20200818_153334.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

T-Mo

The 1250 came out in the mid-70s and the line consisted of a gear drive version, I believe it was the 1000 or 1100, and hydro versions like the 1250 and 1450.  And yes, the 1250 had engine side panels.  The line was called the "Quiet Line" due to the engine side panels and the engine being mounted on rubber isolators.  The isolators used often got worn over time, resulting in the engine and drive shaft not lining up properly with the transmission causing problems.  The 1250 came standard without hydraulic lift, but it was on option on it, while the 1450 hydraulics were standard.

Steve, PM me with the details of that 1250, I might be interested.

peter lena

@D-MAC, nice looking set up there , agree that they were a very solid build , all too often run very hard , neglected and put away wet and rusty .  rarely do you see one that has been brought back , such as yours. no matter the brand or type , when you can save old steel / iron do it , pete

• Like 1

D_Mac

I got it from original owners. Needed points cleaned and the clutch was sticky. A little cleaning and touch up paint and it was good as new. I had no trouble selling it.

20210314_230738.jpg

20210314_230750.jpg

20210314_230817.jpg