802EconJD

Snowco Trailer Find

802EconJD

Just purchased a Snowco trailer. I am going to pick it up next weekend. Its only one state away! All I have for now is these four pictures. I was hoping some of the folks on here could tell me which model I have? Or just any Snowco trailer info you have to share would be great. I look forward to getting it home and doing a restore on it.

IMG_8447.JPG

IMG_8448.JPG

IMG_8449.JPG

IMG_8450.JPG

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

Maxwell-8

:text-welcomeconfetti:on :rs:

Someone here did a restoration on one, and posted some pictures yesterday.  

Which Wheel Horses do you have?  We will be needing a couple pictures of those you know!

rjg854

:WRS:  nice find.  We're going to need some after pictures of that trailer.  What are your plans for it after the restore?

Pullstart

:text-welcomeconfetti: nice find!

peter lena

802EconJD,  great find on that ! typical bombproof steel from another time , take advantage of that , and if you do nothing else , give it a thorough aerosol lubrication bath , to Soake into that metal stop rust and preserve what you have . that will also preserve what you have till to get to it , pete 

lynnmor

Since that trailer was designed to haul snowmobiles, the axle is more forward.   You need to have at least 10 percent of the total weight on the tongue to prevent sway, so load it accordingly.

• Like 3

Handy Don

The no-ramp "drive on/drive off" convenience should be a real treat.

1995 520H+96+97

The brochure I linked is for snowmobiles.

802EconJD trailer may be for towing golf cart, mowers.

There are no smooth steel for the ski's, also no drive off feature.

It may not be a 1970, that is the best description brochure on David's vintage snowmobile site.

• Like 1

802EconJD

Thank you all for the feedback, info and links etc I plan to restore it to as close to its original condition as possible and then just use it to hauls a GT to local shows / parades etc... Should be a great conversation piece.

802EconJD

According to the previous owners registration, its a 1965. The model is UTL-54, which I didn't find much info on online. But based on all the measurements and specifics of my trailer, I think maybe the model UTL-54 became the model 954 later on in life, but I am not 100% sure? I intend to restore it to as close as to original as possible.

IMG_8482.jpg

• Like 1