JCM

Big Show Confirmation

Wheel Horse 3D
On 6/12/2021 at 8:27 AM, Maxwell-8 said:

I am not gone make it, but please...  keep me updated with pictures!  

Many thanks! 

Maybe we should do an annual show in the EU or better in the UK

Even if ya didn't do a "show" but just a scheduled get together! I find it interesting just how close together everything is over there. Be in a whole 'nother country in just a little bit. Bet it would be a blast to have all of the EU folks gather up for even a Saturday or somethin.

• Like 2

Maxwell-8
4 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Even if ya didn't do a "show" but just a scheduled get together! I find it interesting just how close together everything is over there. Be in a whole 'nother country in just a little bit. Bet it would be a blast to have all of the EU folks gather up for even a Saturday or something.

It is, but Belgium as a hole is comparable to LA-traffic. Most members are in UK, so I think we can find a good location over there. Would be a 2 hour drive to the ferry for me.  How many (active) members are there on the EU mainland? Don't think a hole lot. 

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D

I know @Tractorhead is over there in Bavaria and I think he has one or 2 other Horse folks. They'd probably be wililn to travel over the channel to meet everyone.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, JCM said:

Well, I guess I did a good job jinxing myself. Been lying in a Hospital bed for 4 days with major surgery this afternoon, For all of you who I made deals with I will  have to pass on them for now unfortunately.   Have a great time, weather is looking very promising. I will try to notify all of you after this mess is over with by PM.

Wondered why I hadn't heard from you. 

Hope all's healin' well brother man. 

• Sad 1

Horse Newbie

@JCM Get well soon !

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine

Maybe seeing as to how old Mr Plunge can't get down to PA some of you folks should bring the mini Big Show to his place in September...

I'm planning on being there this fall but don't let that deter you.

• Like 1

Tractorhead

Could be a idea.

but i think the best is the USA Site, so we also ca shake some Hands and see the Lads

of the Forum once Face to Face.

A European Wheelhorse Meeting could be als an interesting Idea.

It‘s definitely worth thinking about.

• Excellent 3

wallfish
4 hours ago, Maxwell-8 said:

How many (active) members are there on the EU mainland? Don't think a hole lot. 

Not too many ( i think ) but Those guys in the UK see each other at some shows. Not as many are active here on RS as they used to be but you should visit My Old Machine. I see them discussing getting together at shows more on there. A couple -  few hour ride is noth'n

https://myoldmachine.com/

• Like 1

wallfish
5 hours ago, JCM said:

Well, I guess I did a good job jinxing myself. Been lying in a Hospital bed for 4 days with major surgery this afternoon, For all of you who I made deals with I will  have to pass on them for now unfortunately.   Have a great time, weather is looking very promising. I will try to notify all of you after this mess is over with by PM.

That sucks! Hope you feel better soon!

Dependent upon size, I can bring some stuff back to MA if that helps

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

JCM

I will be in contact with you John. I have as a  spare  1100 Eaton Tranny  pre paid waiting at the show for me from a member coming up from VA.  I could then pick it up at a convenient time at your place for the both of us.I appreciate the offer but do not want to put you out . If that sounds like something  that may work let me know. @wallfish  .   I also have a gas tank for a 418-A that @Ed Kennell  is holding for me .   Thanks for the offer.

• Like 1

JCM

If anyone is is need of a Local Campsite in Caledonia State Park Hosack Run in Fayettville PA about 45 minutes from the show for June 23 Wednesday evening send me a PM and and we can talk... already paid for with no cost to you If that would allowable. Would love to see someone enjoy it. Has electric, no water or sewer but that is nearby. site # 179. Check out the website to see if it work for you.    Thanks  Jim      :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 2

wallfish
5 hours ago, JCM said:

If that sounds like something  that may work let me know. @wallfish  .   I also have a gas tank for a 418-A that @Ed Kennell  is holding for me .   Thanks for the offer.

A trans and a tank is no problem at all Jim. What else ya got?

• Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@squonk Looks like a used tire store in that bed.

• Haha 2

squonk
9 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@squonk Looks like a used tire store in that bed.

4 pairs of NOS tires in there.

• Like 1

Handy Don

Lawn chair, yesss! (Newbie show goer, can ya tell?)

• Like 1

kthack657
3 hours ago, Handy Don said:

Lawn chair, yesss! (Newbie show goer, can ya tell?)

We just bought 2 new chairs at tractor supply...had a tough finding decent ones this year,  also determined not to have to run to Walmart this year!!

• Like 1

Handy Don
6 minutes ago, kthack657 said:

We just bought 2 new chairs at tractor supply...had a tough finding decent ones this year,  also determined not to have to run to Walmart this year!!

After scouting around and being shocked at the offerings and prices, decided to re-web two very solid ones we already had. Took about an hour each using about 50' of 2 ¼" webbing each ($16 for 150') and the furnishings department was extremely pleased with the outcome. So pleased, in fact, that two other chairs may get done just to have them all match again. Sigh.

Edited by Handy Don
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

Lane Ranger

Valuable scientific information as we head into this busy week of play... 

5770FF11-F5C6-4310-84BF-EA06F29C7D47.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 2

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, Lane Ranger said:

Valuable scientific information as we head into this busy week of play... 

5770FF11-F5C6-4310-84BF-EA06F29C7D47.jpeg

Further proof that work is ridiculous and play is the only thing that we should be doing

• Like 1
  • Heart 2

Handy Don

NOW you tell me, after I worked for 45 years! :D

• Haha 3
  • Heart 1

Pullstart

FYI, wheel chairs are pretty comfy, and many times MUCH cheaper than camp chairs!  After all, they are designed to be sat in (and crapped in) all day long!

@squonk no Jesus Cruisers, no shirt, no service!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2