stevebo

Toro Timecutter ss5500

stevebo

Well I have been mowing for several years with my xi model machines and still love them. Been toying with the idea of a zero turn to see how it handles my terrain. I have some hills etc. 

instead of jumping in fully with a big money commercial zero I was able to get this one locally (10 mins away). It was used to mow maybe 20 times by original owner so it is basically new. Got a great deal on it. Headed out of town for a few days so I cannot clean it up until I get back but here it is. 
Any feedback good or bad on these are welcomed. 

9B493B90-F5D2-4830-803E-F5F8BA7B1D90.jpeg

4BC181A2-5031-4717-B483-81BF0E9787DB.jpeg

7CADDDC1-C421-4F6C-B214-74B0A18957AA.jpeg

D67F5FEF-26B8-476B-A153-7BC5A200CB14.jpeg

75EA9301-50F6-4736-89D8-80EB92238925.jpeg

• Like 3

JPWH

I have had the toro time cutter ss4200 for 5 years now. No issues so far. I had to adjust the tracking at first to keep it from pulling one way or the other because of the grade of my property. Took about 30 minutes and has been good. 

Jay

cschannuth

I don’t have any experience with that make or model but I started using a large commercial Husqvarna zero turn about five years ago and I love it. I love my tractors for lots of different chores but I love the fact that my zero turn will cruise at 10 mph and cut my 3 acres in about an hour and look glass smooth when I’m done. I’m anal when it comes to my yard and it is very thick and it does a great job. I mowed with a 520 for 20 years and it did a nice job but 10 mph with a larger deck versus 5 mph made all the difference for me.

• Like 1

rjg854

Once you get used to the way it handles, Steve, a zero-turn is a nice mower.  In a way I miss mine, but with so many tractors, and only a  half acre to mow, I just decided to use the :wh:s instead.  Now that I have the time, I can take my sweet time mowing, and mow as often as I like.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

stevebo
9 hours ago, JPWH said:

I have had the toro time cutter ss4200 for 5 years now. No issues so far. I had to adjust the tracking at first to keep it from pulling one way or the other because of the grade of my property. Took about 30 minutes and has been good. 

Jay

This one also seems to pull one way a little. Any information on how to adjust would be great. I have no paperwork on the mower

JPWH

I did u tube time cutter tracking adjustment.

stevebo
25 minutes ago, JPWH said:

I did u tube time cutter tracking adjustment.

Can you post or send me link?

JPWH

This is the one I used.

You will probably have to do it a couple times to hit the sweet spot.

Edited by JPWH

stevebo

Thank you that helps a lot! Will try it once the rain stops 

• Like 1