peter lena

carbole micro electric fuel pump

peter lena

https://www.amazon.com/CarBole-Electric-Gasoline-Universal-Operating/dp/B01B7DCQA0, been using this on c-85 , 12hp magnum swap , very solid and reliable unit , great price , mounted  just in front of engine , on frame , near original pump mount .  silent , reliable , might change my other 2 horses over to the same  , pete

pacer

Havent seen that one, similar appearance/shape to the round ones on the bay, of which I had used several of and liked them - but for whatever reason the last 3 that I got failed after 3-4 weeks, so couple yrs ago I switched to the 'Facet' square shaped pumps and havent had any problem with them (and, they are imports in the under $20 range)

I had to do a closer look at that tab saying 'dont use on positive' - first glance looked like the tab was on the red!!

Keep us/me in mind if it fails or any problems, I wouldnt mind switching back to that design.

61-zVeA5w7L._AC_SL1001_.jpg

• Like 1

roadapples

Lotta pressure....

peter lena

@pacer prior to this I tried the round type , that also failed , this one is a real improvement , also added a  small , LED green light on dash to verify operation. that ,and all new clear fuel line . turn on the key , green light says go , get to work , pete

• Like 1

lynnmor

Since that pump has 5/16" nipples and one review has a photo showing that the nipple pulls out easily, I won't be buying.

roadapples
4 hours ago, peter lena said:

@roadapples , this the model i have , https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B7DCO6Q/ref=twister_B07BMQJV3H?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1  , lowest pressure , with no issues , pete

Ok, the one on your first post went to 7psi. From what I've learned on here, don't go over 4psi. 

Thanks for clarifying....

peter lena

@roadapples, sorry on that , should have specified the lowest psi model. but its   bene very good , with no issues , as I said , thinking about converting the other 2 horses. going to map out the electrical set up first on both horses. once verified , the mechanical set up will be easier . pete

• Excellent 1

roadapples

I'm using Facet cube style 40177N

Only 1-2psi and has a Kohler part number 2539301.

$60.23 on the bay, and made in New York, USA

• Like 3

953 nut
10 hours ago, lynnmor said:

that pump has 5/16" nipples 

A fresh new 1/4" fuel hose will slip right on.

• Like 1

seuadr
On 6/8/2021 at 2:47 PM, peter lena said:

@pacer prior to this I tried the round type , that also failed , this one is a real improvement , also added a  small , LED green light on dash to verify operation. that ,and all new clear fuel line . turn on the key , green light says go , get to work , pete

oh i like that idea about the LED!

peter lena

@seuadr, that LED  light was the result , of a nagging power  issue , during initial electrical hook up , power was there , and not , so I figured why not show when power is there ? , drilled 3/16 hole near the key switch , installed the green LED  light and there it was . now when I  turn on the key my green light says its all good , regularly eliminate nagging problems , in similar fashion , pete 

formariz
On 6/9/2021 at 9:27 AM, lynnmor said:

Since that pump has 5/16" nipples and one review has a photo showing that the nipple pulls out easily, I won't be buying.

I should have known better. Trying to reinvent the wheel here and going cheap I bought this same pump since I needed to buy a couple more. The others I bought the regular American made Facett of which I use several already. 
 Sure enough pump has too much pressure and overtakes float. All imported pumps I bought up to today did the same regardless of what specs said. As I start removing pump just pissed at myself the nipple comes out of pump. And that is with a 5/16” line which is what I use. I don’t even know if I should attempt to get a refund. I feel just like tossing it in the trash where it belongs.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

squonk

That's why I spend the extra on the Napa 610-1051 Facet pump.If something happens I drive to the store and deal with a live person

Edited by squonk

elcamino/wheelhorse

@squonk When did auto parts stores start hiring humans , all we got down here are drones. They look human just a vacuum between their ears.

pfrederi

i have bought and installed several facet posiflo pumps...never an issue...

formariz
21 minutes ago, squonk said:

That's why I spend the extra on the Napa 610-1051 Facet pump.If something happens I drive to the store and deal with a live person

It just ticks me off since it was a considerable amount of work which has to be done again, and I should have known better since this was not the first time . And why? To save $40.00? Time and aggravation is worth more than that. Never again. Sticking to what I know has always worked and still does. I guess getting an education costs money.

• Like 2

peter lena

never had an issue with the carbole pump, , fittings never pulled out , and fresh clear vinyl gas line  slid on with no leaks or issues . also use the lowest pressure pump , if I had problems I  would have said so . pete

squonk
41 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@squonk When did auto parts stores start hiring humans , all we got down here are drones. They look human just a vacuum between their ears.

They stopped when I left. I had customers begging me to come back. Just like the hospital keeps calling me asking how to fix stuff when it's been 3 years since I worked there. :)

• Like 1

formariz
1 hour ago, peter lena said:

never had an issue with the carbole pump, , fittings never pulled out , and fresh clear vinyl gas line  slid on with no leaks or issues . also use the lowest pressure pump , if I had problems I  would have said so . pete

I am not blaming you for me buying it or you providing bad information.. Again my fault by  just reinventing the wheel when I was fully satisfied with the ones I used.  I have read over and over again about other pumps here that others are happy with and I had trouble with, most times due to excessive pressure.. What I think is that these pumps are inconsistent in quality. I also see no markings on the body of this pump that will distinguish it from others of different pressure with the exception of label which could very likely been put on the wrong pump . The cube Facetts are clearly stamped on body as to what they are. I also own a Facett of the same style and have fought with it several times to remove a bad fuel line since they get glued to nipple if there for a while. Nipple never came off and i also don't act like a bull in a china cabinet when doing these things. Tomorrow I will take photos of this broken one. I don't know how the nipple is placed in the Facett but I believe we will all agree that this one's system is just waiting for this to happen.

peter lena

@formariz, thanks for the feed back , totally agree with the " quality  "  issue, everything coming from china , has no standard , more often than not everything with a measurement has been changed , if you get something that works consider yourself lucky.  if you find anything that works , you are happy, more often than not , what ever I get , I have to modify it to complete its function . on the other hand the immediate function of the pump , verified by my small green LED  dash light , tells me its go time . keep on tinkering , no problem , pete 

formariz

So following up on my complaining I correct my previous statement that pump’s body is unmarked. It is marked. It does however put out excessive pressure for my tractors. Changed carburetor to another one with float set within specs and within seconds fuel was flowing out of carburetor.

Below are photos of a similar design Facett. The outlet fitting is threaded in to it as opposed to this one which is a vertical ridged brass fitting pressed into a plastic receptacle with an o ring seal. Considering that many times these pumps go in awkward places to get to and fuel lines need to be changed this is a disaster waiting to happen specially if it is used on a car. You have two totally different materials with different contraction and expansion properties connected together without a real positive mechanical connection. Such connection only has strength being pushed into pump and none being pulled out or sideways stress. The Facett is clearly a superior design taking all of that into account by using a threaded fitting on both ends which can also be changed to one such as a 90 for more installation flexibility. Amazing that when copying the design they decided to skip on probably the most important part.

08FCF229-8CEF-49C8-A361-08C345A73DA7.jpeg.8ed6dfaf928b3da1f947dcb1abc55d51.jpeg

3753A8EB-328C-46E9-B584-90F2EF8F4500.jpeg.70056f93f9c37a3debfac76e06916381.jpeg

023B9714-4A12-4E55-8B4E-CD39361CEE06.jpeg.0af56ca90440b489fe37f87f554aafd5.jpeg

I have here another similar generic pump used to move kerosene that I just checked since it is also a pressed in fitting. Pump’s fitting has never been subjected to stress and yet when stressed by hand sideways it moves enough to create concern. A stuck on fuel line needing replacement in an award place most likely will remove it from the housing. Any twisting of a stuck fuel line on the fitting to loosen it can also cause fitting to also twist and strip housing. 

1E2CA2C8-581B-411A-8720-B8774EF72FD2.jpeg.edce391fdee069a7b57bd18005904aca.jpeg

The other pump shown is what I use . I have four of them in use for years this thing is essentially physically indestructible. Interior workings so far in all of these years have proven 100% reliable.

79F3F36C-021D-416F-8115-C7A7392700FF.jpeg.396f5c8a84517c7730ee199399dc6492.jpeg

Edited by formariz
  • Like 4

formariz

Since pump was toast anyway and not wanting to go through the aggravation of returning it for a $20.00 refund I decided to improve it by tapping a barbed fitting into it. Tested it and no leaks.  It’s a stronger connection between the two material than it originally had. When twisting a stuck fuel line it will not strip. I will be using it as a transfer pump .

15426830-F69D-4917-965D-7250697E29E2.jpeg.263142d3e4d55e49425d7f60abc26880.jpeg

2B942A1C-2C14-4420-AA57-20CDF9CBBC39.jpeg.46fe7eb5f1f54ccc67c736cc017c685f.jpeg

BD834040-C9C0-429D-98FC-6C9051AD49BE.jpeg.9d7e0e52e8d93bf32aa2e5b88fc4e4f9.jpeg

• Like 1