Jrain

Hello from a Newbe

Jrain

New Wheel horse guy here , but already you guys helped  me out of a electrical issue with a c120 I just rescued from the my buddy scrape pile . I am not a tractor guy but I already rescued a 212-5  about 15 years ago from my scrap metal friend and its been a good Lawn tractor  mowing my 3/4 of a acre of grass year after year , Now that I am retired I decided to take on maintaining  my gravel drive way and road instead of paying for a guy to come and do it being I have the time now , So I went over to my friends place and picked out the c120 before he cut her up he had other tractors but being the old 212-5 has been good to me I knew I wanted a Wheel horse , hopefully I made the right choice for taking care of my road because that is all I want to set it up for maintaining my gravel. its a 1974 C120 hydrostatic drive with a 48 inch mower deck  . So being I know little about tractors in general I will have lots of questions , but was a welder by trade and have many welding certifications So I can fabricate metal . and again many thanks to you guys who responded to my electrical issue . J

• Like 4

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 1

Pullstart

:text-welcomeconfetti:  A C120 is an awesome worker and should maintain your drive just fine :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

oliver2-44

:text-welcomeconfetti:A Wheelhorse center mount grader  is the tool to maintain your drive.  Some say they like a manual lift for the center blade. However I did a lot of final smoothing on my sons house lot with my C-160 hydro.  It just takes a little practice like anything.

IMG_3538.JPG.3bec2079bb2547a3b7968d466311194f.JPG

I see you in Pa, so there's a fair amount of WH implements around where you are.

Edited by oliver2-44
  • Like 1

Tractorhead

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

ya doing the right Choice by stay at WheelHorse

• Like 1

ebinmaine

You'll do just fine with that horse for driveway maintenance. 

Weight is a key to traction. 

Weight is also a key to how much "dig" you get. Take that easy at first.  You'll figure out how much to push. 

My Honey does maintain our own drive with her 867 Pigpen. 

Here's a thread with all the measurements for a mid mount grader blade. 

You could also use a York rake. 

We've been mulling over getting/building one.  

OldWorkHorse

• Like 1

rjg854

:WRS: A C-120 is a good tractor, with plenty of power.

• Like 1

Achto

:WRS:

• Like 1

Jrain

You guys are AWSOME , 

Jrain
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

You'll do just fine with that horse for driveway maintenance. 

Weight is a key to traction. 

Weight is also a key to how much "dig" you get. Take that easy at first.  You'll figure out how much to push. 

My Honey does maintain our own drive with her 867 Pigpen. 

Here's a thread with all the measurements for a mid mount grader blade. 

You could also use a York rake. 

We've been mulling over getting/building one.  

Have to go back over to my friends place , lots of Wheel weight there lying around , will see if I could find something that fits , I am sure I will find something ,I see a lot of tractor stuff lying around I know I saw a few red mower decks and what I think is a B80 ,but will have to get there before he cut them up he is a true scrapper ,he only sees weight he makes his money by the pound ,and thats all he sees, you guys would cry on the stuff he cuts up ,I have a hard time myself  sometimes going over there seeing what he cuts up, what he calls pre pared  Iron. when I picked up the c120 last week he was in the process of cutting up a ford 8 or 9 n with a loader attachment 

953 nut

:WRS:

I've already said hallow on your ignition switch thread but a second time can't hurt"                   :text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 1

jay bee

:text-welcomewave: to :rs: