Jeff-C175
1 hour ago, squonk said:

Gonna  have to take a pic of my dinosaur now!:lol:

I bet my dino is older and uglier than your dino! :teasing-neener:

Edited by Jeff-C175

squonk
20 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

I bet my dino is older and uglier than your dino! :teasing-neener:

I'm sure uglier. I got this AC about 35 yrs. ago. It was in a commercial bldg that my brother bought. The bldg had sat empty for a while. I'm guessing at least 40 yrs. old anyway. More likely more. Unit exhausts into my back shop. I have a whirly gig turbine vent above it and the fan on the Norge blows the hot air across it and out the side door. 

car.jpg.79cf28dfdacdb00f02962cc1180ccd4d.jpg

car2.jpg.96ef5355a12d3fecc6493563371d8bd6.jpg

• Like 1

Handy Don
12 minutes ago, squonk said:

whirly gig turbine vent above it and the fan on the Norge blows the hot air across it and out the side door

Are you and Rube G related? :D

• Haha 2

Jeff-C175
11 hours ago, squonk said:

I'm sure uglier

You?  or the A/C unit?  or maybe both?  :laughing-rolling::ychain:

Definitely uglier and pretty sure older too.  What's REALLY strange is that mine also vents into the back garage and I also blow an ancient fan across it!  How crazy is that?

The unit is an "ITT COOLERATOR" and has to be from the 60s.  The thermostat is really tired.  It does cut off when satisfied but won't come back on until the shop is way too warm so I have to babysit it and manually kick it back on.

image.png

I just did a little googling and found a print ad for sale on ebay from not the 60s, but from 1954 !!!! that shows the exact unit that I have!  That damn thing is almost SEVENTY years old!  And it still works!  Un freakin' believable !

Remember sitting directly in front of the airstream playing Scrabble?  No stiff necks there!  And not a hair out of place!

image.png.d1564de6be78fed4c13072d9b117c5d4.png

Edited by Jeff-C175
  • Like 1

Kligan

I have experience using a portable air conditioner. I purchased an Icy breezy over a year ago, and it was a total disappointment. If you are looking for something portable you better use a fan or a bottle of frozen water, but the air conditioner, it should be stationary in any case.

• Like 1

PippaScott
On 7/31/2021 at 6:15 AM, Kligan said:

I have experience using a portable air conditioner. I purchased an Icy breezy over a year ago, and it was a total disappointment. If you are looking for something portable you better use a fan or a bottle of frozen water, but the air conditioner, it should be stationary in any case. Its main problem is that it sucks in hot air from outside, then with the help of ice it cools and goes outside. But the ice melts very quickly. And then it just stops working. I even called the professionals from https://www.socool.sg/, but they said it's a problem with the way the air conditioner itself works.

Icy breezy is just awful, I, too, became the 'happy' owner of one. I have never been a victim of such a major fraud.

Edited by PippaScott