Goldnboy

The nerve of JD owners.

Goldnboy

Saw this recently for sale in my area .

I can't believe what some Deere owners do to equipment! Even had to change the paint....

Screenshot_20210529-101208_Facebook.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

rmaynard

I'm sorry, but what am I missing here?

WheelhorseBob

Certainly looks to be a Wheel Horse tiller......

• Like 1

rmaynard

This was on MyTractorForum some time ago. Says it was homemade, but not sure of the origin of the tiller.

till.jpg.de9b73e789e6b42b5a2dd81680c35005.jpg

Edited by rmaynard

squonk

Looks like he used a Tecky!!!!! :shock::shock::shock::shock:

• Haha 3

T-Mo

What's the point of this thread?  Are we that envious of JD that we post anything that may be negative to the brand?

Sorry, had to vent, but the brand bashing of the most recognizable brand is getting old.  End of vent.

• Like 2

wallfish

Hmmm, I always take the "bashing" as just a joke since this is a Wheel Horse forum. Can't imagine there's any actual hate for the JD brand. Kind of a fun rivalry like the Yankees vs Red Sox or Chevy vs Ford etc. Although there will always be the few who take it WAY too serious.  

• Like 1

T-Mo

That may be true of some here, but I also think there are a few here do have some kind of ill feelings towards the green and yellow, based on their own bias.  I understand the Ford versus Chevy mentality, but it can go a bit too far.  Go visit WFM, and if other brands are brought up in topics, it's to ask for more information or other questions, comments, etc.  No other brand bashing.  Why, because the members there are happy with the JD brand and can also appreciate the other brands design and build.  They do not feel the need to put down other brands, there is no other brand envy.

• Like 3

wallfish

Quickly found this from a JD forum post about a Wheel Horse!

"Everyone has a moment of weakness and then they go fourth seeking to find in others what they may be missing in their own life but soon return to the flock a better,stronger individual for trying what others think is a better way and then move forward realizing the mistakes they have made are just that ,mistakes and they soon leave them behind and continue down the path of enlightenment and soon realize that the sky is blue,tractors are green." 

Just fun rivalry is the bottom line and it does happen on other sites as well. Maybe not on WFM :dunno:

This statement from that same thread seems more common of thought for 99% of the people in the GT hobby. Or at least I believe so and something I totally agree with.

"There all important and worth saving even the baseball teams tractors!!!!!!!!!!!!! Without variety and a sense of humor life would sure be dull and uneventful"

Maxwell-8

What is WFM?    

Should we limit the amount of jokes?, Have been VERY guilty too, but if I see affordable JD like a 216, 312 or 420  I will jump on it. 

Goldnboy
2 hours ago, T-Mo said:

That may be true of some here, but I also think there are a few here do have some kind of ill feelings towards the green and yellow, based on their own bias.  I understand the Ford versus Chevy mentality, but it can go a bit too far.  Go visit WFM, and if other brands are brought up in topics, it's to ask for more information or other questions, comments, etc.  No other brand bashing.  Why, because the members there are happy with the JD brand and can also appreciate the other brands design and build.  They do not feel the need to put down other brands, there is no other brand envy.

The whole intention of the post was humor...

1) The item was a wheelhorse tiller heavily modified from its original design, which sell for a hefty price it good shape 

2) a much simpler solution would to be to obtain the proper equipment for that machine which seem to be the case in the region  this is located .

Mickwhitt

I have a foot in both camps, my C-125 and a JD hydro.

No point getting too serious about things, we had a war or two over here about which colour rose someone liked lol.

• Like 1

Ahead of the Curve

For my two cents worth, we are thrilled with our Wheel Horses. Each and everyone ( well maybe not the B85) but we also have two John Deere's LX 188. If you new to John Deere and can't identify one. These are the one's that when you see someone out mowing their yard without a good hood on the mower or no hood at all. Now don't get me wrong duct fixes everything right? But duct tape isn't exactly cheap and I was thrilled when they started making it in oh some sort of neon green that sort of matched the John Deere Green. Kinda looked like subdue racing stripes. ( Our kids said them racing stripes made the mower run faster too) .

But once we had enough money to start a Stable of Horses I haven't looked back except to smile and laugh at our duct taped John Deere Hoods.

John Deere should have replaced all their cracked , broken hoods for free just like GM should have fixed their security lock out issues in Grand Ams, Cavaliers ect.  But what do we know.

Just happy not be spending my retirement on duct tape 🤗

Edited by Ahead of the Curve
Spelling , sentence structure

seuadr
On 5/30/2021 at 11:20 AM, Mickwhitt said:

I have a foot in both camps, my C-125 and a JD hydro.

No point getting too serious about things, we had a war or two over here about which colour rose someone liked lol.

what color won? :D

i am in the same boat - i was given a Jd Lt155 by my mother in law and started using it to mow and i'll be damned if it isn't a great little machine for mowing! I honestly like it a lot - so much so that i haven't bothered rebuilding any of the WH decks i have all of which need some love.

• Like 2