Anthony P

What Broke in my HH120?

Gregor

You need a valve spring compression tool to compress the spring, and reinsert the pin. I would wonder why it came out. Sticky valve? Hopefully, someone smarter will chime in.

Anthony P
3 hours ago, Gregor said:

You need a valve spring compression tool to compress the spring, and reinsert the pin. I would wonder why it came out. Sticky valve? Hopefully, someone smarter will chime in.

Thanks!  I used big channel locks and zip ties...it worked!  The pin looks slightly bent.  I'll probably replace it if I can find one.

WheelHorse520H
5 minutes ago, Anthony P said:

Thanks!  I used big channel locks and zip ties...it worked!

Nothing like either duct tape or zip ties and some basic tools to get a job done.

Tuneup

You're starting out right. I used twine and a vice. Moved it into position and clipped the string. Back then, a spring compressor was a lower priority than a tank of gasoline and I pumped that glorious red 93 Exxon at the Rockaway Mall Exxon. 42 years ago. Ha

• Thanks 1

Anthony P

IT RUNS!!!!  Replaced the retainer pin...it looked a little bowed.  Cleaned out the carbon, put it all back together, and IT STARTED RIGHT UP!!!  Now to get it all tuned and I'll be plowing!!  Thanks for all your wisdom!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

WheelHorse520H
57 minutes ago, Anthony P said:

IT RUNS!!!!  Replaced the retainer pin...it looked a little bowed.  Cleaned out the carbon, put it all back together, and IT STARTED RIGHT UP!!!  Now to get it all tuned and I'll be plowing!!  Thanks for all your wisdom!

Glad to hear it, I got my 520 going today also with some minor adjustments! Great day all around!

• Like 1