SylvanLakeWH

Oil Shower

SylvanLakeWH

So I go to check the oil on my newly restored C 85, you know, to make sure I filled it correctly etc… Can’t be too careful…:handgestures-thumbupright:

All good. Right on full… :handgestures-thumbupright:

Perfect. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Go to start her up and she fired right up, along with spouting a beautiful shower of Oil all over me, the new paint, garage…well… everything…:scared-eek:

Oh yea, need to put the oil plug back on… :hide:

:angry-banghead:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 5

rjg854

We definitely needed a video of that:laughing-rolling:

I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

SylvanLakeWH
26 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

We definitely needed a video of that:laughing-rolling:

I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you ;)

Unfortunately no video verification, so maybe it didn’t happen… :lol:

• Haha 5

Maxwell-8

We have a 12 gallon oil-collector for in a lube pit. It has to be put under pressure with compressed air for draining. Well a month ago it was full so we took it out of the lube pit. Shut the top valve and put some pressure in it. Out of stupidity I accidentally opened the upper valve and oil came geizering out. 15 feet high. the walls were covered, the roof. It was such a mess to clean up. Used a lot of brakes cleaner. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

squonk

I had to change the oil in a shop compressor that was mounted in the rafters of an RV dealer I was working at. About 20 ft up. I turned off the power (Of course) drain the oil and start adding the oil. I put in a qt. and check the level. I need more. While I was getting it the shop foreman notices their is no air. He goes to the breaker that I have shut off, taped over and hung a sign on and turns it on. The oil I put in came out!....................... All over HIS tool box that was directly below! :lol:

Another shop I worked at. Compressor is in a little room with the brake lathe. New guy changes the oil an instead of looking in the sight glass he fills it to the top of the fill hole. About an hour later, everything in the room is "well lubricated!"

• Haha 5

WHX??
On 5/19/2021 at 5:12 PM, SylvanLakeWH said:

Oh yea, need to put the oil plug back on… :hide:

Been there done that... double :hide::hide: :lol:

My holy grail is to someday change or even check oil without spilling one drop! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Stormin

Not long after I came to live where I am now, chap who lived opposite was mowing the verge outside his property. Old fashioned walk behind rotor mower. Engine was making a noise it shouldn't have been doing. As I was bending over to listen to the engine, he said,             "There's plenty of oil in". And pulled out the dipstick to show me before I could stop him. There was plenty of oil in, but not as much as before. As s fair amount got me full in the face.

BTW. He was a Fire Station Safety Officer. :rolleyes:

• Haha 5

seuadr
On 5/23/2021 at 4:03 PM, Stormin said:

Not long after I came to live where I am now, chap who lived opposite was mowing the verge outside his property. Old fashioned walk behind rotor mower. Engine was making a noise it shouldn't have been doing. As I was bending over to listen to the engine, he said,             "There's plenty of oil in". And pulled out the dipstick to show me before I could stop him. There was plenty of oil in, but not as much as before. As s fair amount got me full in the face.

BTW. He was a Fire Station Safety Officer. :rolleyes:

isn't oil good for the skin? he was just trying to beautify you!