Docwheelhorse

It can't be this hard....

Docwheelhorse

Hello all... been to a bunch of mom and pop hardware stores.... been to a current Toro/ retired Wheel Horse dealer... been to the "national brand" hardware stores...

Haven't tried NAPA...

WHERE ON GODS GREEN EARTH CAN I FIND THE WOODRUFF KEY FOR MY HUBS?

I even looked on Epay... haven't tried McMaster Carr or similar yet either.

Anybody know the part number? 

Thanks Tony

20210518_151057.jpg

20210518_151048.jpg

20210518_151041.jpg

20210518_151027.jpg

oliver2-44

You ACE or Hardware store that has all those grey parts drawers should have them

Edited by oliver2-44
  • Like 2

peter lena

@Docwheelhorse, do you have an " INDUSTRIAL SUPPLY NEAR BY ? "  they do a lot of  sprockets , shives , pulleys , belts , bearings , probably also have the size  key you need , pete

cschannuth

McMaster Carr has everything and you will have it at your house in one or two days but the shipping might cost more than the actual key.

76c12091520h

Try 937108. It's one of those "unique " to Wheel Horse pieces,  at least in our area. We always had to get them straight from Toro/Wheelhorse 

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

Docwheelhorse
12 minutes ago, oliver2-44 said:

You ACE or Hardware store that has all those grey parts drawers should have them

They come close but don't have one this big... they have 1/4" ones but aren't big enough overall

pfrederi

Wheel Horse used at least 3 different keys over the years. The two smaller ones are usually 1/4  but length varied  1" long are #15   others are 1-3/8"  #22  Both at McMaster or hardware store.  if you have a GT14 or D series they use a #RX key The are very very hard to find even McMaster doesn't have them...i do if you need one

• Like 2

pfrederi

See Wodruff key size chart pinned top of this section

• Like 1

squonk

I had a 73 no name with 2 different size axle keys. Original owner said there was never an axle repair. :rolleyes:

squonk
23 minutes ago, cschannuth said:

McMaster Carr has everything and you will have it at your house in one or two days but the shipping might cost more than the actual key.

Mc Master will sell you a pack. That way you can forget where they are when you need another one! :)

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 5

Gregor

You don't say what tractor, or what transmission. C-141 Part # 937108  $3.49  Parts tree

C-175  Same key same price

Edited by Gregor

Docwheelhorse

Tractor is a GT1600 Work Horse... I should've looked but don't know if it has a 1" or 1 1/8th axels. I assumed the woodruff key was same for everything.... ooops

Herder

I've purchased an assorted size pack from Tractor Supply and was able to find the two I needed for my 1054.  Squonk is right, it's not the first pack I've misplaced.    

Edited by Herder
  • Haha 2

Gregor
9 minutes ago, Docwheelhorse said:

Tractor is a GT1600 Work Horse... I should've looked but don't know if it has a 1" or 1 1/8th axels. I assumed the woodruff key was same for everything.... ooops

They list 2 different keys for a GT-1600 The number I gave above, and, The other is NOT AVAILABLE :text-imsorry:.

Gregor

Per parts manual for 1984 GT-1600 Twin 8 Speed.1147496010_Screenshot_2021-05-18httpslookup3torocompartdexpopprintcfmxCallerToroPage-Tractor1984GT-1600Twin8-SpeedA1-....png.658b8d2ce0f9a084ad2056ada4a54499.png

• Like 1

squonk

Measure your keys. McMaster has the sizes listed right with the keys. Order a pack Install 2.  Then put 2 at 4 different places in your shop. You're bound to run across them at some point! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 4

WHX??

#15 woodruff ...  any bigger hardware store should  have them. MCC will have boatloads of them 

Screenshot 2021-05-18 162248.png

Edited by WHX24

roadapples
2 hours ago, squonk said:

Then put 2 at 4 different places in your shop. You're bound to run across them at some point! :handgestures-thumbupright:

I've done that with tape measures...

• Haha 4

WHX??
8 minutes ago, roadapples said:

I've done that with tape measures...

I'll second that ....bought a dozen cheapys at HF and planted them, figured on growing a tape measure tree.... didn't work still have none ...:)

Edited by WHX24
  • Haha 2

squonk
22 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

I'll second that ....bought a dozen cheapys at HF and planted them, figured on growing a tape measure tree.... didn't work still have none ...:)

You prolly got the metric one anyway..:)

• Haha 3

WHX??
9 minutes ago, squonk said:

You prolly got the metric one anyway..:)

Was trying to match the metric Cresent wrench... :)

• Haha 1

The Tuul Crib

Have you tried lowes?

Docwheelhorse

Hello Everyone, thanks for the help... I will try to go back to the Toro dealer and see if the 937108 key is available... then will continue my local search / sit down and order them online. Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, True Value... Doit Right... etc.... all no gots. Close but too small is all I can find...

Tony

Stormin

If push comes to shove, make your own. Round bar or similar, hacksaw and file. :handgestures-thumbup:

stevasaurus

I've had them larger and used a 4" grinder and file to make them fit.