8ntruck

Covid Story

Wheel Horse 3D

Now i do not dispute the data in this paper at all. I Have no reason to believe these numbers are misleading., However the infographic expresses that a 40-49 year old has a 139x more risk of "infection,hospitalization,and death"

Which may also be spot on for the numbers, and i have no reason to doubt it. Using the data we see that 40-49 yr old has a(heavy) 1.29 percent chance of death with a confirmed covid case and no underlying conditions. 

Why cant they just give us the numbers straight?

So thats where my math checks out for ME using CDC numbers.

• Like 1

Handy Don

The data shows that most deaths by far were in older people, and especially those with "co-morbidities" and it was worse for men than women.

What isn't clear in these data sets is the impact on peoples' lives of infections survived or on the the propagation of the infection to others. Contact tracing in the US has been given very limited cooperation.

I don't have the data (nor am I seeking it), but I am guessing that this forum's membership fits significantly in that high-risk population segment.

• Like 2

Wheel Horse 3D

Exactly, to clarify those are my personal numbers. Your numbers can be higher and you should do your own math! I just dont understand why they have to hide the numbers so..

Wheel Horse 3D

I gladly wear my mask, and social distance, and wash my hands for the safety of everyone around me. Just pointing out where my math is, a why some people dont trust what the government says. Just shoot straight give us good sound numbers without spin so we can make an informed decision.

Wheel Horse 3D

And Don is certainly correct, that you should factor in thise who are regularly around you, not be silly and go party in large crowds and take unnecessary risks! All that is part of your personal calculations. I personally do not work in a field that exposes me to people in general, quite the contrary actually.

Razorback
4 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

@Razorback I am going to hide your post.  The link you posted is totally political, full of conspiracy theories, full of mis-information, etc.  :notworthy:

Based on what, and determined by whom? "Mis-information" because you don't agree with it? It will become mainstream knowledge all in good time.

Keep your head in the sand. 

• Like 1

bc.gold
2 hours ago, Razorback said:

Based on what, and determined by whom? "Mis-information" because you don't agree with it? It will become mainstream knowledge all in good time.

Was late to the party and missed the opening curtain, interesting tube video - vax.

Edited by bc.gold
  • Like 1

Charbs152
14 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

Here is one thing...these 3 drugs, Moderna, Pfizer, and J&J are NOT experimental.  As soon as the DEA stated these drugs are OK for the population, they stopped being experimental.  :notworthy:

Where are the leaches Broom Gilda??  :hide:

AR-812035969.jpg

Believe what you want sir that is fine...but leave me be to believe what i want to believe.

• Thanks 1

Charbs152
11 hours ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Stuff like this is why some folks just dont find numbers credible. Here rather than give me numbers or a figure, they reference my age group against 5-17 year olds. They calculate Im 440 timea more likely to DIE from covid than a 5-17 yo. What does that even mean? 440 times what?

"Risk for COVID-19 Infection, Hospitalization, and Death By Age Group | CDC" https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/investigations-discovery/hospitalization-death-by-age.html#footnote01

Ill dig into the footnotes and see, but if they think that info is critical why not just give me straight number?  Its either SOOOO big ill panic, or so small as to not warrant my concern. Let yall know in a sec.

Its all scare tactics by manipulating numbers that dont even mean anything, just ignore it and move on and let the scared be scared.

• Excellent 1

Charbs152
8 hours ago, Razorback said:

people dont like their beliefs challenged, they'd rather silence it and parrot the mainstream narrative.  its only misinformation in their opinion.  dont worry about it bud

Edited by Charbs152
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D
18 minutes ago, Charbs152 said:

dont worry about it bud

Agreed! Also remember if you view things from this side of the fence, be careful of the sources you use on Red Square. I'd HATE for some Internet service provider to shut down the link because THEY deemed something misinformation. This site is indeed first and foremost about the tractors and enjoying them and having fun with folks from both sides of the fence. It would be a pity to lose that whatever your views. That's what the moderators are watching out for and trying to avoid, and I for one would not put it past a corporation to do that.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Charbs152
38 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Agreed! Also remember if you view things from this side of the fence, be careful of the sources you use on Red Square. I'd HATE for some Internet service provider to shut down the link because THEY deemed something misinformation. This site is indeed first and foremost about the tractors and enjoying them and having fun with folks from both sides of the fence. It would be a pity to lose that whatever your views. That's what the moderators are watching out for and trying to avoid, and I for one would not put it past a corporation to do that.

So uhh, how about them wheel horses?

:wh:

• Haha 3

Wheel Horse 3D

Still looking for a backhoe for my c141 AUTO TLB project "DIG DUG"!

• Like 2

Charbs152
2 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Still looking for a backhoe for my c141 AUTO TLB project "DIG DUG"!

would love to see that!

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D

LOL me too! Pickin up the FEL at big show. But those backhoes of a correct size are a bear to find!

• Like 1

Charbs152
1 minute ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

LOL me too! Pickin up the FEL at big show. But those backhoes of a correct size are a bear to find!

good luck on your search!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Here's a link to that thread...

Charbs152
1 minute ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Here's a link to that thread...

I was going to ask if you posted anything.  Looks like this will be a good read.  thanks!

Wheel Horse 3D
1 minute ago, Charbs152 said:

I was going to ask if you posted anything.  Looks like this will be a good read.  thanks!

Yeah, has some good advice from the guys, and has some pics of some of their backhoes/TLBs

• Excellent 1

stevasaurus

@Razorback  The reason I hid your link, it is political.  Talking politics on this site will get you banned.  If you want to get banned, I can un-hide the link??   Your choice, let me know.  :eusa-think:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Razorback
6 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

@Razorback  The reason I hid your link, it is political.  Talking politics on this site will get you banned.  If you want to get banned, I can un-hide the link??   Your choice, let me know.  :eusa-think:

I could comment on the fact that most people's justification for getting the jab is "political" at the core, but I won't.

HOWEVER, I will encourage EVERYONE to research simple immune system boosters like vitamin D3. D3 is what your body produces when you are in the sun. Most people are deficient these days, especially the further north you live. If you ever have blood work done for any reason, request that they check your D3 level. I don't remember the measured units, but a good range is between 50 and 100. There is a Scandinavian country (Sweden? Norway?), their GOVERNMENT is somehow involved with promoting/providing D3 to their citizens as a cheap, effective way of helping the overall health of that nation. (Is that comment "political" or "misinformation"???) I DO know it is true. Read up on the benefits of D3. It is simple, relatively cheap, and effective. The pharms hate it because it does work, and they don't make money off of it.

• Like 2

stevasaurus

I know all about vitamin D and the sun.  If you would have posted something like this yesterday, you would have been fine.  You know what you posted, and you also know not to post it.  I've saved your butt a few times on this site, and all you do is say I'm taking away your rights and putting my head in the sand.  I put my head in the sand protecting you from being removed from this site.  You would not recognize help if the horse bit you.  You have a chip on your shoulder Sir, I doubt you really understand what is going on these days.  :eusa-think:

Would you like me to un-hide your post from yesterday??  I don't want to infringe on your rights.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Stormin

Quote! "I could comment on the fact that most people's justification for getting the jab is "political" at the core, but I won't." Unquote!

I'm sorry, but I must disagree with you there. I, my family and close friends, (can't speak for anyone else) did not get the jab for any political reason or motive. We had it to hopefully prevent getting sick and maybe dying or infecting those we care for and others. So far so good.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 2

stevasaurus

@Razorback...waiting.  What do you want me to do??  :dunno:

@Charbs152  Don't you want to give "LIkes" to somebody??

bc.gold
19 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

@Razorback...waiting.  What do you want me to do??  :dunno:

@Charbs152  Don't you want to give "LIkes" to somebody??

Mods often shape the atmosphere of a forum.

• Excellent 1