William R Joest Sr

48" tiller input shaft

William R Joest Sr

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a replacement input shaft for a WH 48" tiller? I'm also looking for the exploded view parts list.

Thanks. Bill.

WH tiller input shaft.jpg

gwest_ca

50" for a D-Series?

Click on the pictures in the link.

• Like 1

William R Joest Sr

Yes, and thank you for the clarification, that is why I ask. And thanks for the Operator manual. Now I need to get to the shop to see if the gear actually does come off the shaft. I am under the impression it is all one piece. 

BigJim

I know this is an old post but i was wondering if you had to replace your gear on the shaft and if you did could you tell me where you found the gear at, I am in need of one myself or else I just have a pile of scrap metal.

thanks Jim

William R Joest Sr

Big Jim, You so far have been the only response I have had to my post. I have not, but, I have not given up. I plan on reaching out to some of the You tubers who have shown their skill with milling machines. Question for you, is your gear and shaft one piece as mine is? The Tiller Model 7-1260 instruction sheet shows the gear and shaft to be separate. I'm just wondering why the discrepancy. 

BigJim

Mine has a separate gear and shaft. I hit a big root and now there is only one tooth left on it. I did find a gear that fits and everything is the same except that it has a double bevel on it and I am not sure if that is going to work out but I am going to give it a try anyway. It only cost me 7 bucks from jacks small engine. I have been looking for over a year for one. Found a gear manufacturer  that would make one for $750.00. That's crazy for a little gear like that, now I am just looking for something that uses the same gear but no luck yet.

William R Joest Sr

Big Jim, PM me direct if you are interested, I have made contact with a machinist and am sending pics along with rough dimensions to work out details. 

68charger

I have the same tiller and the shaft came out of the tiller,  the splines  look to be OK, but it just came out and what held it in the tiller is inside of the gearbox. Don't know what held it in place,  but I am going to split the gearbox and see what is in the bottom of it. Any ideas would be appreciated! Shaft part number is 100882.