Maxwell-8

Show off your hub-puller

tmix61
8 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

The hub on a D Series can be a real bear.  The Flange of the hub is thin relative to the long length of the hub body (and the surface area for rust to hold on to)  You have to pull from the back.  It bent the thick wall sq tubes but it finally came off

IMG_3209.JPG

IMG_3210.JPG

I happen to run across your picture last night I don't understand how you got that puller behind the axle did you cut the piece of plastic tube off so you can sneak it around the axle I don't see any cutouts to go around the axle with the plates that are not painted. What am I missing in this picture? If it was you and the hub was broken that much would you just take a cut off wheel and put cuts in it and chisel off and break the rest if you look real close at my broken hub it is very very grainy like the cast wasn't made very well. Kind of lost and I'm sure a hub won't be cheap!!

IMG_20230113_150846823.jpg

pfrederi

There was no plastic sleeve on mine as it had turning brakes (which made things harder)  no cut outs just lined the plates up with the bump outs on the back of the hub.  (they have threaded hole that mount the turning brakes.  You are going to have to cut yours off and get a replacement.  Check with A to Z tractor in the vendors section here.

hub.jpg

Edited by pfrederi
  • Thanks 1

OutdoorEnvy

So an update on mine, from post #14 in this thread... Seems it was only good for one hub.  Casting didn't hold up on the second one.  I'll be looking to make another one out of something...

spacer.png

• Sad 1