slim67

Here’s one for Dennis Thornton

stevasaurus

Your right Dennis would like this...me too.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 2

Handy Don
1 hour ago, slim67 said:

I saw this at the annual tractor show in sugar creek and though Dennis would like it. Unfortunately the owner wasn’t around for me to talk to but I loved it just the same. Weather wasn’t the worst it’s ever been but the show went on.

DF0AE8B5-C614-485F-A208-649F1452F5BF.jpeg

Side-by-side lever steering! Guess the owner has a thing for it. :)

• Like 1

DennisThornton

I'm aware of Lennox Kittytracks but darn that is a little one!  I wonder how that thing pulls?

Thanks for the pics and the thought!

• Like 1

slim67
4 minutes ago, DennisThornton said:

I'm aware of Lennox Kittytracks but darn that is a little one!  I wonder how that thing pulls?

Thanks for the pics and the thought!

LOL no problem! I thought of you when I was leaving and told my buddy Ive got tp post a pic of this. The last show pre-covid had a Case converted to a crawler and it was done very professional. I may have posted pics on here but can't remember.

slim67

I don't know if this THE one I am talking about but it very well could be. The guy had a few Cases at the last show. Anyways I thought it was a clean build.

image.png

• Like 4

DennisThornton
13 minutes ago, slim67 said:

I don't know if this THE one I am talking about but it very well could be. The guy had a few Cases at the last show. Anyways I thought it was a clean build.

image.png

That is awesome!  Some kind of a dozer is on my bucket list!

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
12 hours ago, Handy Don said:

lever steering

Niiiice

WHX??

Kitty track on my bucket list. Only made two years and being a Lennox dealer for 50 years figured I should have one. Nice one close if the guy every decides to sell! :)

4239.jpg

IMG_2204.JPG.d56fd01430c65071c29c775d533d96c3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

DennisThornton
16 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Kitty track on my bucket list. Only made two years and being a Lennox dealer for 50 years figured I should have one. Nice one close if the guy every decides to sell! :)

4239.jpg

I've never seen one up close and you've seen them all!

Please share some of your history with Lennox!   Especially this little gal, the dozer I mean.  Unless you know her too!

• Haha 4

slim67
34 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

4239.jpg

IMG_2204.JPG.d56fd01430c65071c29c775d533d96c3.jpg

Is that the same company that's also HVAC?

stevasaurus

You've probably seen these before.

2010_08162011SYCAMORE0022.JPG

2010_08162011SYCAMORE0023.JPG

2010_08162011SYCAMORE0024.JPG

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

WHX??
9 hours ago, slim67 said:

Is that the same company that's also HVAC?

Yep one & the same ... Lennox International has tried branching out to other manufacturing areas but with out much success. Tractors, generators, fireplaces, solar power. All flopped sadly often leaving dealers under the bus. Gladly I never jumped on their band wagons and stuck to selling their furnaces and ACs. 

Kitty Tracks we made in '68 and 69. Briggs powered and parts made of unobtanium. Parts machines are even highly desired as ther is a small group of collectors. Oddly even the most meticulous resto is worth 2500 tops so definitely a labor of love. The only attachments that I have seen are a blade and blower. 

• Like 1

slim67
54 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Yep one & the same ... Lennox International has tried branching out to other manufacturing areas but with out much success. Tractors, generators, fireplaces, solar power. All flopped sadly often leaving dealers under the bus. Gladly I never jumped on their band wagons and stuck to selling their furnaces and ACs. 

Kitty Tracks we made in '68 and 69. Briggs powered and parts made of unobtanium. Parts machines are even highly desired as ther is a small group of collectors. Oddly even the most meticulous resto is worth 2500 tops so definitely a labor of love. The only attachments that I have seen are a blade and blower. 

Thats an interesting bit of history. Its strange that compact crawlers like that didn't become as plentiful as garden tractors. Ironically the first crawlers were for agriculture not excavating.

Handy Don
21 minutes ago, slim67 said:

Its strange that compact crawlers like that didn't become as plentiful as garden tractors

Not a surprise to me. Very cool, but a niche product lacking general appeal to generate sales volume.

slim67
18 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Not a surprise to me. Very cool, but a niche product lacking general appeal to generate sales volume.

Sadly I believe you are right. I did find two Strucks on marketplace but both were missing blades. The Strucks are about the only minis I see for sale.

Stormin

Friend of mine had a big collection of Ransomes crawlers until last year. Sadly due to ill health he's sold most of them, except for a couple. If I'd had somewhere to keep one I'd would have.

https://myoldmachine.com/topic/6421-start-of-a-new-era-for-ransomes/

This is a rare Ransomes sand skimmer. Used in sewage treatment plants. Had an auger on the front that scooped sand onto a conveyor that ran under the seat. It then dropped into a following Ransomes dumper.

Weird thing to drive. You steered with your feet. Nearly demolished my friends garage wall when driving it inside.

post-292-0-73554200-1455910352_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stormin
  • Excellent 4