mcfarmall

Hello Everyone!

Pullstart
3 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

specially that pullstart character ...he's been know to jump in a wood pile if there's a snake in it! :lol:

what’s the sense of livin’ without some life!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine
17 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

he's been know to jump in a wood pile if there's a snake in it! 

I would absolutely do the same thing.... 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart
6 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I would absolutely do the same thing.... 

MY MAN!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 1

mcfarmall

Wow!  Thanks folks for all the helpful advice!  You've practically solved all my issues and I haven't even had a chance to earn your respect here!  Hopefully I can chime in with some helpful hints from my machining, machine repair, and fabricating experience.

I will consider sending the carb to ebinmaine or possibly buying the bushings and a throttle shaft from A-1 Miller if they are a reputable outfit.  Anyone have a candid review of that outfit?  Good or bad experience?

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

Pay no attention to those :occasion-clown::occasion-clown: behind the curtain Guy.....:lol:

BTW we do like our :text-coolphotos: here! 

oliver2-44

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Lots of good advice above. If your horse still has the metal fuel pump you can get a rebuild kit from Then and Now Automotive. Google the name for phone number. Since that horse has the tank under the seat you might consider an electric fuel pump mounted close to the tank. The Faucet brand 2psi pump is a good one, about $35. The cheap electric ones on Evilbay will last at least through their 30 day warranty. 

As others have said try to keep your original Kohler carb. I have 3 of the knockoff one from Evilbay and their to lite to use for boat anchors.

1st floods no matter how I adjust it

2nd engine will run poorly and there is no response from adjusting idle or high speed jet

3rd Had no idle adjustment response. High speed adjustment worked ok so had to run engine at 1/4 throttle or more to keep it running. 
      If the throttle shaft on your carb has a lot of side to side play you can get 2 little Hillman bronze bushing from those grey drawers at you Ace or similar hardware store They can be tapped into the recess around the top of the throttle shaft 

Good Luck, The C161 is a great Horse

• Like 1

WHX??
4 minutes ago, mcfarmall said:

A-1 Miller if they are a reputable outfit

NO... PM me if you want to know why. Send it to EB ...bet he'll do it for parts and shipping. 

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 3

oliver2-44
7 minutes ago, mcfarmall said:

I will consider sending the carb to ebinmaine or possibly buying the bushings and a throttle shaft from A-1 Miller if they are a reputable outfit.  Anyone have a candid review of that outfit?  Good or bad experience?

He used to be a good vendor but not any more

If you want the carb professionally rebuilt Google “ Carb Rescue”. Or trade your plow to @pullstart for a repair

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

WHX??
13 minutes ago, mcfarmall said:

had a chance to earn your respect here! 

artworks-000193306275-i27ve4-t500x500.jpg

• Haha 1

Wheel Horse 3D
38 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Sorry to put you out of business 3D!

LOL! No worries! Definitely something to model up for the future. These parts wont always be available and Dug uses the same cam.

Any little stuff like that I'm more than willin' to give it a shot!

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, WHX24 said:

NO... PM me if you want to know why. Send it to EB ...bet he'll do it for parts and shipping. 

I'll put a second vote on that NO. 

No worries on those carb spacer washers. I've got them right here with the rebuild kits.

I've done enough of them that it only takes me just a few minutes and I don't mind helping out at all if somebody's going to keep one of these horses running.

Carb kit, spacer washers, butterfly screws, couple cans of brake clean.

I'd really have to look to see what I pay for that stuff but figure about 25 bucks or so plus shipping both ways. Shouldn't be any more than about 40 or so max....

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1