TwoRedHorses

GT 14 Hydro Help?

TwoRedHorses

Can anyone help me out, I broke the input shaft off my 90-2062 messing around with tiller hookup. My tap was a little more than a tappy tap. I have both type of pulleys now, Just got the double D from Lincoln at A-Z. Couldn't help with a shaft though. Any help is appreciated. i would put pictures up but that would be embarrassing.

• Sad 2

oliver2-44

:text-welcomeconfetti:

@daveoman1966 has some Sundstrand Hydro parts, so I'll call him in here.  He has some threads on here as well to help with the disassembly and reassembly.  No embarrassment, just lots of help on this forum and a little ribbing once you've been around a while.  We've  all broke something, but maybe only once:ychain:    Post some pictures as you do the replacement, I've got a couple of Hydro's that will need work some day.

Edited by oliver2-44
  • Excellent 1

953 nut

:WRS:

Looks like @oliver2-44 has you headed in the right direction.

TwoRedHorses

Thanks for the support guys, i have two of these awesome beasts that were my dads and I love. Broke my heart when i broke its drive. I'm a retired Army guy and I usually break something when I work on some thing for the first time. They've been sitting in the barn for at least ten years and they were easy to bring back into service and still run great! I'll have to shoot some pictures, again thanks for the support.

• Like 3

oliver2-44

@TwoRedHorses We love it when you keep these machines in the family.  Do you have any old pictures of them with your day and the family?

• Excellent 1

TwoRedHorses

unfortunately I do not, I wish I did. I'll get some pictures up today of the ole guys though.

• Excellent 1

TwoRedHorses

So this is what I did, lesson learned the hard way! 

EB672EDA-D400-47F0-84E5-F79CE994E03A.jpeg

B5365CAB-D588-441A-8CC7-A39D3AF341E6.jpeg

TwoRedHorses

Couple pictures of my two gt 14s

48BF26F4-19B5-48CE-8DE3-BAC541178A5E.jpeg

0E1DC382-B1CE-469C-B761-295C207E68F0.jpeg

E8D71326-0893-4DF4-BDBB-1D9EEBFB4780.jpeg