Ff717

Miss in engine

Ff717

Hi guys ,have cleaned the screen in the tank shutoff, all new fuel line from tank to carb with new inline filter, cleaned fuel bowl, new coil(ignition module),new plug and still have my miss. Will attach engine numbers all input would be appreciated. Thanks. 

20210501_171231.jpg

have you tried a compression test?

kpinnc

Carb adjustment can make an old Kohler sputter or run rough too. In the least I would drop the sediment bowl and make sure there is no water in it. Since it is a Magnum, I don't know if your carb has a high speed needle or not, but my M10 splutters if the bowl is getting nasty and if it is out of adjustment.

oliver2-44

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Kind of a long shot, but have you checked your ground cable connect to battery, frame and engine block is clean and tight.  As mentioned above dropping the carburetor bowl for cleaning is a good idea.  As part of a future maintenance you might want to clean, and tighten all your electrical connections a dremel with a little wire brush works nice for this.  coat the connections with dielectric grease before reassembly.  I need to take my own advice, I'm probable due to do that again to my C-160 as I did it about 5 years ago when I got it.   

Edited by oliver2-44
  • Like 2

The Tuul Crib

:text-welcomeconfetti:T😎:rs:

:happy-jumpeveryone::happy-jumpeveryone:

I would check the carb adjustment. 

They areeasy to rebuild but must be 

thoroughly cleaned out.

• Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:

Could be a bit of crud built up in your fuel system. If you are using gas with ethanol in it this could be the problem. This site will guide you to stations that sell the real thing,  https://www.pure-gas.org/.    A can of Seafoam carburetor cleaner can help the fuel system too. With the air cleaner removed and engine running at near full throttle spray some cleaner into the air intake until it nearly kills the engine (there will be lots of white smoke, neighbors may think a new Pope has been elected :ychain:). Repeat the process several times and also run some Seafoam fuel additive for good measure.