Irhon

How can i find a replacement axle GT-14

Irhon

Title really says it all. Was pushing some loose dirt when my GT-14 wheel horse quit moving. Hydraulics still worked fine. I lifted the back off the ground with the lift and grabbed the left rear wheel when to my surprise I could remove the wheel and axle. The shaft is broke about a 1/4" past the beginning of the splines. When i pulled the axle a handful of needle bearings also fell out.

So now I'm searching for a new axle and have no idea where i might find one

gwest_ca

14-1/8" x 1-1/8" diameter 8055 left axle (1969-1973) replaced by 8054 - No longer available

14-3/4" x 1-1/8" diameter 8054 right axle (1969-1973) - No longer available

Irhon

Well that is unfortunate

Jeff-C175
4 minutes ago, Irhon said:

Well that is unfortunate

Contact Lincoln at AZ TRACTOR, he has good used parts.  He's listed in the vendor forum here.

Another vendor Brian at K&B HORSE PARTS may also be able to help.

• Like 2

953 nut

:WRS:

You may be able to find a good used axle, perhaps A-Z Tractor has what you need.  https://a-ztractor.com/  The rear axles from a "D" are a bit longer but have the same splines.

• Like 1

Irhon

I messaged or emailed them hopefully one of them will have one. Which D series have the same splined 1 1/8th" axles?

Also thanks for the welcome!

Edited by Irhon
  • Like 1

Irhon

Does the c-195 twin auto have the same axle spines?

19richie66

D160/180/200 all have the same spline (should have) and diameter but are approximately 2” longer than the gt14 axles. The C-195 has an Eaton rear axle..... completely different setup. 

• Like 1

Irhon

Ok thank you, while looking through the 'hydro axles' list i seen the 15-7/8" x 1-1/8" diameter 109753 right axle  which is for the c-195 and thought maybe that would work too, oh well.

Edited by Irhon

19richie66

You could probably get a longer axle and use it but you would have to have a keyway slot cut into it and then just cut off the extra length.

• Like 2

stevasaurus

You might need more then an axle.  Your axle broke right in front of your axle gear and maybe some pinions are damaged.  I'm going to guess those needle bearings you found mean you have the #111199 needle bearing and not the #1533 ball bearing holding your differential carriage.  

This file is pinned at the top of the Transmission Section.  :eusa-think:

• Like 2

Irhon

Yes that was one of the first things i read before signing up to the forums :D

I must be missing something whenever i look up either of those part numbers they are both showing up as ball bearings, neither one of them are needle bearings 

pfrederi

I believe the big bearing that the end of the differential rides on is B-348   WH#8048+3 in parts explosion

b348.jpg

GT14.JPG

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 2

Irhon

After looking at the picture I'm leaning more towards #4 on the diagram. Needles in B-348 look too big

IMG_20210422_154526404.jpg

• Like 1

Irhon

I will know for sure when the weather changes back into spring.

pfrederi

They look like Outer axle bearings #1526   Torringtnn B-1816

stevasaurus

I believe there is a service order in the manuals section that gives the serial number of the series when they went to the needle bearing.  It was because of availability of the ball bearing (1533).  You may or may not have it depending on that service order.  I only mention it because you pulled out needle bearings...they could be from your outer axle bearing??  Kay Sara Sara...you'll find out when you open it.  :occasion-xmas: