B J

520 H Question

B J

New to forum but not Wheel Horse so this begs my question. I found a good deal on my 3rd. 520 with several attachments. Got a 2 stage snow blower, snow blade, super nice canvas cab, 60 inch deck, 48 inch deck that was barely used, and a 36 inch tiller. I bought everything just from pictures since I didn't want it to slip away. I had hoped to use the tiller this spring but discovered going through all the manuals that apparently he had used the tiller on another tractor. Were these tillers ever used on a 520 or were they sized for a 3 or 4 series? Obviously I have no lift cable to the back and no drive pulley on the transmission input. I have a picture of the tiller attached hopefully.

20210417_154829.jpg

• Like 2

gwest_ca

Welcome to the forum.

Here are manuals for the tiller. The parts manual will show everything needed.

• Like 2

littleredrider

I put an older tiller on my 520-8. Had to get the pully stuff n what not, but it worked great. Till I wedged a huge rock between the tines n tin. Snapped the chain....

• Sad 1

haydendavid380

That separate set of pulleys goes under the tractor to run the belt off your main PTO pulley. 

WheelhorseBob

That tiller will work on a 520, just need a mid attachamatic pulley set up and a rear axle mount.

B J
7 hours ago, WheelhorseBob said:

That tiller will work on a 520, just need a mid attachamatic pulley set up and a rear axle mount.

Have the rear axle mount and looking closer I see the idler pulleys mount to the center tach-matic and drive off the engine PTO

Edited by B J
Wrong info
  • Like 1

gwest_ca

Looks like you have everything needed except a spring for the idler assembly and the rear lift parts.

The idler assembly goes into the Attach-a-matic below the engine pto. Belt goes from pto straight down to the idlers and then back to the tiller below the tractor's rear axle. 

Here is a later operator manual that is better quality

Garry

• Like 1

B J
3 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

Looks like you have everything needed except a spring for the idler assembly and the rear lift parts.

The idler assembly goes into the Attach-a-matic below the engine pto. Belt goes from pto straight down to the idlers and then back to the tiller below the tractor's rear axle. 

Here is a later operator manual that is better quality

Garry

Thanks I see how it works now my mind kept telling me it drove from back by the transmission stepping back and a little sleep sometimes helps things make sense. I still don't think I have a lift cable unless it is tucked back under somewhere. I bought it from a JD dealer(ugh) and didn't get to talk to the original owner. Every thing I got is immaculate and although I didn't need it I couldn't pass up the price. The tractor only has 766 hours.

• Excellent 1

gwest_ca

The parts required for the lift are illustrated in the tiller ipl (illustrated parts list) because they would have come with the tiller new as well as with other attachments like the clevis hitch. The tube is likely already on top of the transaxle from tractor new. 

If the dozer was used on this tractor the rear axle hitch should be there also.

Garry

953 nut
12 hours ago, B J said:

I have no lift cable to the back

:WRS:

@wheelhorseman can fix you up with everything you will need, very good to deal with.  https://wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/product-category/cables/        Just give Lowell a call and he will get that tiller up and running.

• Excellent 1