CCW

Headlight rattle

CCW

A year ago I posted about my hood rattling and being very noisy. 

Had some great replies and fixed a common problem that reduced the rattling noise from the hood.  Today the rattle seemed to return with a vengeance though it was most likely there all along and I just did not seem to notice.  After starting the tractor the noisy hood was annoying me once again and this time I discovered that the headlights were shaking within their enclosures.  When putting my had on the headlights ALL the rattle went away. 

My temporary solution was to remove the bulbs, but now I have to come up with a permanent fix.  Couple of ideas I have are 1 - use an old tube to make a rubber gasket to more securely mount the bulbs or 2 - find some O rings that are the correct size to put in place.

Any other ideas?

ccwpost

ranger

My 312-8 headlight filaments blew, as they are sealed beam units, and quite expensive over her, I found some garden lights at a garden centre, the size was right, but the clamps wouldn’t fit properly, so I used some silicone sealer to hold them. You could put two or three “Dabs” of silicone on each lamp, that should cure any rattles.

Doug.

• Like 2