Ifixoldjunk

I had a bit of an idea for my 310-8. I’m thinking about making a weight bracket that kinda slides onto the factory wheel horse bagger mounts. Anyone ever do anything like this before? How much weight do you think the bagger mounts could hold? I probably wouldn’t put anything past 50lbs on it.

F408DDB5-4E4E-4CC9-8491-1E2688D191D2.jpeg

53A2BAC2-E59E-4DE4-8907-514099909080.jpegKinda like the modern craftsman weights they mount to the rears of the tractor. I’d figure it’ll help counter balance the blower in winter

Edited by Ifixoldjunk

rlrnot

I built a box that just fits between the bagger supports. Attached with hooked pipe brackets.  The box just slides down when the brackets align with the supports.  I also added a brace at the back of the box that runs down to the hitch and I just put a hole in the brace and attach it with a hitch pin to the hitch.  Mine is sized to accept two concrete blocks.  I have a blade to push snow and

install it for added weight and traction.  I have used it for many years with no issues.

Ifixoldjunk
38 minutes ago, rlrnot said:

I built a box that just fits between the bagger supports. Attached with hooked pipe brackets.  The box just slides down when the brackets align with the supports.  I also added a brace at the back of the box that runs down to the hitch and I just put a hole in the brace and attach it with a hitch pin to the hitch.  Mine is sized to accept two concrete blocks.  I have a blade to push snow and

install it for added weight and traction.  I have used it for many years with no issues.

Oh cool. I’ll definitely have to build one now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• t_furl43
      By t_furl43
      A Wheelhorse C-165 8 speed, nice solid tractor everything works and operates as it should, all lights works(stack will be removed before sale)unknown hours it was only an option for the 165, but the 16hp single lung cast iron K series motor starts right up and runs strong. It will need new motor mounts. Transmission shifts smooth, package comes with plow w/optional down pressure bar if you choose instead of your trunnions chain, a set of tire chains, a set of Toro brand front wheel weights and a set of generic rear wheel weights, and lastly a full set of hub caps that are in decent shape they can be cleaned up, $1000 obo. Would like to sell as package but if the right buyer was interested in the right combo of stuff for the right amount of money we could work something out. Pickup only in Millersville PA 17551

• Jennifer
      By Jennifer
      Well got my new weight yesterday!  My valentines gift from my husband now has the front weight less likely to pop those wheelies!!!!  There might be enough power still but doubt it…. He bought me the RJ from David in Arkansas a few years back we posted on the trip!  The moment we saw the ad on here about the front weight we had to have it!  Seize the moment, don’t know when ever come across another for sell…!  So here I just wanted to share pictures of it!  My tractor is a bit dirty from winter setting but i wipped it down just a little for the photo opt!!  

• OHLB
      By OHLB
      Newbie here. 310-8 won't start. Battery is dated 10/19. Did crank a couple times but started losing ummph. Should I replace it or attempt to charge it? Can't tell if the battery is frozen. Never knew until today that batteries could freeze and that it's dangerous to charge a frozen battery. It's been single digits with wind chill the last couple weeks here. 
    • Big Rig
      By Big Rig
      ISO clutch neutral safety switch for 310-8
      or alternative 
    • Rob R
      By Rob R
      Soo couple of years back did a pulley change on the tranny from 6 inch to 4.5 and used a 1/2 X 79 belt to make it work and it worked fairly well but wanted to get back to a 5/8 drive belt so went to a 5/8 x 81 inch belt and added a second flat Idler pulley. I simply cannot believe how smooth and sharp it shifts and drives now!  The added flat Idler was 2 3/4" with a 5/8ths bore used and existing hole on the side shroud and just opened it up a bit. I use to slip a bit on steep hill with the 79" slips no more, the belt drives and the clutch is  LOT smoother and in the right pedal area.... Will see how it holds up cut 3/4 of an acre of grass yesterday NO issues.