Northern Wheel Horse

Help to determine model/year

Northern Wheel Horse

Hi there experts!

I resently bought this Wheel Horse mini-tractor, but im having a hard time to figure out what model and year it is!

Can anyone guide me?

SIDE FRONT WH.JPG

SIDE WH.JPG

SIGN WH.JPG

Engine No.WH.JPG

Edited by Northern Wheel Horse
Adding Picture
  • Like 1

Mickwhitt

Hi there, and welcome to Red Square!

I'm in the UK and have a C-125 Wheelhorse which I restored. 

Im not an expert on models just yet so I will wait till one of the members who know their stuff come along any minute.

There is a ton of information available to assist in identifying your particular machine. I registered mine for use on the road and that meant finding and proving a year of manufacture for it, not the easiest of things to do but it is possible. 

Are you looking to renovate your tractor or just use it as quick as possible? I plow with mine and use it fir towing etc. 

Mick 

Northern Wheel Horse
33 minutes ago, Mickwhitt said:

Im not an expert on models just yet so I will wait till one of the members who know their stuff come along any minute.

There is a ton of information available to assist in identifying your particular machine. I registered mine for use on the road and that meant finding and proving a year of manufacture for it, not the easiest of things to do but it is possible. 

Are you looking to renovate your tractor or just use it as quick as possible? I plow with mine and use it fir towing etc. 

Mick 

Hi there Mick,

As I was searching info I stumble in here and it does seem to be the right place to be with a WH tractor...... :)

My primary task will be to get it running, and my hope is that´s it´s only the battery that need change. But further down the road I would like to restore it to a good running stand..

Cheers

Bo

Mickwhitt

Hi Bo.

They really do renovate beautifully,  plenty of help here and parts pretty freely available. 

I will post you images of mine before and after. I did a full engine rebuild too which was a lot of work but so worth it.

Mine is a 1979 model built at the same plant in Belgium as yours. 

20191206_124839.jpg.5bac3f2f42b6196621441642df6870d5.jpgThis is my manufacturer's plate so you can compare the serial number to yours. I can't read yours on the photo. 

20210225_151905.jpg.bf7f4357b2df220863fe25ddf2fb5ca0.jpgI made my own plow frame and did a lot of fabrication work making the exhaust stack, engine mountings, tool box, weight bracket etc. 

Mick 

gwest_ca

Welcome to the forum.

I believe your model number reads 1-0394 but can not make out the serial number.

Does your transmission have the hi-low shifter?

Click on the picture in the link.

This operator manual should be appropriate but not listed for your 1-0394 model number.

Garry

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib

:text-welcomeconfetti:T😎:rs:

:happy-jumpeveryone::happy-jumpeveryone::wwp:

• Like 1

Pullstart

:text-welcomeconfetti:  

You’ll really love that thing!  10 hp is usually all you need for most chores in these tractors.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Northern Wheel Horse
37 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

Welcome to the forum.

I believe your model number reads 1-0394 but can not make out the serial number.

Does your transmission have the hi-low shifter?

Click on the picture in the link.

This operator manual should be appropriate but not listed for your 1-0394 model number.

Garry

Hi Garry,

You are right!

It is the Model no. 1-0394, and the serial no. reads 145212 making it the 1975 C-120.

Looking forward to spend some time with this old lady, and see if she can get going again .. :)

Thank you guys for helping out.

/ B

• Like 3

Northern Wheel Horse
1 hour ago, Mickwhitt said:

Hi Bo.

They really do renovate beautifully,  plenty of help here and parts pretty freely available. 

I will post you images of mine before and after. I did a full engine rebuild too which was a lot of work but so worth it.

Mine is a 1979 model built at the same plant in Belgium as yours. 

20191206_124839.jpg.5bac3f2f42b6196621441642df6870d5.jpgThis is my manufacturer's plate so you can compare the serial number to yours. I can't read yours on the photo. 

20210225_151905.jpg.bf7f4357b2df220863fe25ddf2fb5ca0.jpgI made my own plow frame and did a lot of fabrication work making the exhaust stack, engine mountings, tool box, weight bracket etc. 

Mick 

Hey Mick, That is a fantastic result of your renovation! Really good in all details.... Congratulations!

• Thanks 1

953 nut

:WRS:

C-120 is a great tractor and will take care of so many chores for you.          How did you come by the :wh: and what will you be using it for?

• Like 1

Northern Wheel Horse
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

:WRS:

C-120 is a great tractor and will take care of so many chores for you.          How did you come by the :wh: and what will you be using it for?

Hello Richard,

Thank you for the warm welcoming :) 

A workmate had it standing behind the garage, and I requested to take care of her going forward.. 

As it does have a snow blade, I will use it in that season for snow, but normally just pull some firewood or gravel around the house..

(there is no lawn mower deck to it)

First on my list will be to try to fire her up and get her running again.

Cheers!

Bo

• Like 1

Tractorhead

Congrats to your new Rig

and :text-welcomeconfetti:  to    :rs:

• Like 1

oliver2-44

Here a Checklist of items I use when I have a new to me tractor.  I don't immediately do it all, but use it as a progressive list as I need to dig deeper into problem areas.  

1056 Minor Overhaul Checklist.ods

• Like 2

Northern Wheel Horse
12 hours ago, Tractorhead said:

Congrats to your new Rig

and :text-welcomeconfetti:  to    :rs:

Danke schön! Nice to be here!

• Excellent 1

Northern Wheel Horse
11 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

Here a Checklist of items I use when I have a new to me tractor.  I don't immediately do it all, but use it as a progressive list as I need to dig deeper into problem areas.  

1056 Minor Overhaul Checklist.ods 13.24 kB · 1 download

Thank you for the check-list.. I  will also have a step by step approach...

ranger
On 4/8/2021 at 8:13 AM, Mickwhitt said:

Mick 

Congrats on finally getting your Horse registered Mick, lovely restoration, I tried to road register my 1979 C121 a while ago, but I couldn’t get manufacturers confirmation of build date etc, Toro USA advised me to a find a dealer in the Netherlands??? Toro dealers in the UK tried, but no joy there. I wondered where you had managed to obtain official build date confirmation from? 

Doug.

rustyedge1

WELCOME !!

The manufacture tag from Belgium got my attention. 

Nice find......

193A7765-F190-4D03-B10C-FF2262CC8282_1_201_a.jpeg

Northern Wheel Horse

@rustyedge1, Not sure its a good or bad sign.... B) But anyway it´s a great little machine. Thank You for the warm welcome.

// Bo

rustyedge1
27 minutes ago, Northern Wheel Horse said:

@rustyedge1, Not sure its a good or bad sign.... B) But anyway it´s a great little machine. Thank You for the warm welcome.

// Bo

I think it will be a plus for you. I had a 120 a long time ago that as auto. Would pull the front wheel off the ground when playing around. Lot of fun.

• Like 1