Peter in NH

No juice

Peter in NH

My saga of the rejuvination of a neglected 314-8 continues. Latest efforts include new tie rods, new front tires, new drive belt, clutch spring. So, everything's installed by I have no juice. I had taken the seat off and the fender to see what I was doing so I disconnected the back up switch and a mystery switch obviously added by a PO. Battery's charged, in neutral, parking brake on, both clutch and brake depressed (even though I haven't seen any switches that would be linked to those controls). It ran before I replaced the belt. Help--- I'm frustrated!

Thanks

Achto

Do you have the wiring diagram? If not down load it from our manuals section.

From there confirm power to the switch and then move on to the starting circuit, trace it through all of the safety switches and starter solenoid to the starter.

gwest_ca

• Like 1

953 nut
11 hours ago, Peter in NH said:

It ran before I replaced the belt.

:WRS:

Your PTO lever operates a safety switch that will prevent the starter from turning over if the PTO is ON. When you replaced the drive belt you had to remove and replace the PTO hoop to get the belt on. Did it all go back together as it came apart and is the PTO lever in the OFF position.

• Like 1

lynnmor

Download the Demystification Guide here.

"I had taken the seat off and the fender to see what I was doing so I disconnected the back up switch and a mystery switch obviously added by a PO."

I have no clue what that is about, maybe there was a switch added to bypass the seat switch.

troutbum70

Does this machine have a clutch switch next to the lever for tensioner pulley on the drive belt?

gwest_ca
On 4/7/2021 at 7:30 PM, Peter in NH said:

I had taken the seat off and the fender to see what I was doing so I disconnected the back up switch and a mystery switch obviously added by a PO.

The mystery switch may be the keyed over-ride switch for the NMIR. (No mow in reverse)

Garry