ebinmaine

Here ~She~ goes again...

Gregor

As you know, I have a military motor. IIRC I paid $125 for it. If you like, I would sell it to you for $125 + shipping, in an attempt to maintain the military theme. It has less than 5 hours run time in it's life. I was the first person to start it. The down side is, it's only 1 1/2 HP. That's not very much, and maybe not enough, but if you want it, let me know.

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, Gregor said:

As you know, I have a military motor. IIRC I paid $125 for it. If you like, I would sell it to you for $125 + shipping, in an attempt to maintain the military theme. It has less than 5 hours run time in it's life. I was the first person to start it. The down side is, it's only 1 1/2 HP. That's not very much, and maybe not enough, but if you want it, let me know.

That's very much appreciated Greg but we leave for the show tomorrow morning.

If I had more time with it I think I could figure out what's going on inside this carburetor. 

I ordered what I thought was the correct parts kit but ended up having to make my own bowl gasket which went fairly well. The issue is in the main mixture.

No worries. All good.

We had intended to swap another engine onto this tractor after the military tribute show so that we could turn it into Trina's primary worker for the winter. We just accelerated that program a little...

• Like 1

Pullstart

Congrats on the accomplishments EB and BBT!  Those clamps look like ground clamps to me.  In the long run, could that military engine receive a different brand carb?  I still have a Kohler carb rockin’ on a Tecky under Jane’s hood.  It’s one of the best running Tecky’s there is!

• Thanks 1

squonk
On 7/20/2021 at 4:18 AM, ebinmaine said:

Soon...

:handgestures-thumbupright:

2 millionaires beat you into space with their Colossus' The news world will be setting up in your yard next week! 

• Haha 5

ebinmaine
33 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Congrats on the accomplishments EB and BBT!  Those clamps look like ground clamps to me.  In the long run, could that military engine receive a different brand carb?  I still have a Kohler carb rockin’ on a Tecky under Jane’s hood.  It’s one of the best running Tecky’s there is!

Thanks man!

The carb on the military engine likely could be adapted to something else but other than this upcoming show we really don't have any use for it...

Not sure if I'll take the time to tinker with it at all. Way too many much more pressing things ahead of it in line. 

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, squonk said:

2 millionaires beat you into space with their Colossus' The news world will be setting up in your yard next week! 

If the news world sets up in MY yard you know we've officially run out of things to talk about. 

• Haha 2

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:Jeff beat me to it... Used alot in HVAC to hang stuff from purlins & such with 3/8 threaded rod. 

• Thanks 1

squonk
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

If the news world sets up in MY yard you know we've officially run out of things to talk about. 

22,000 posts in 4 years! I'm sure you'd find SOMETHING to talk about! :teasing-poke::lol:

• Haha 3

ebinmaine
21 minutes ago, squonk said:

22,000 posts in 4 years! I'm sure you'd find SOMETHING to talk about! :teasing-poke::lol:

And you ain't even met me in the people person yet.

I been known to talk a gate right off its hinges...

:lol:

• Haha 3

Oldskool
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I been known to talk a gate right off its hinges...

Sounds like my mother. She stood in line twice when they gave out the gift of gab. 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

ebinmaine
13 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

Sounds like my mother. She stood in line twice when they gave out the gift of gab. 🤣🤣

I've been accused of the same behavior

Lee1977

Those  are beam clamps for hanging equipment or sprinkler pipe. The large ones will hang 8" pipe.

• Like 1

ebinmaine

We got the Military Tribute Tractor home yesterday and unloaded it. It was running a little smoother but it still needs a carb rebuild. Need to diagnose and wire up the charging system, more solidly modify the belt guard, change the throttle cable then put some running time on it to work out whatever bugs it has. 

Tractor runs like a little beast and Trina is looking forward to using it as a worker.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4

RandyLittrell

I think this is my favorite tractor you two have done!!

I'm gonna copy it at some point, maybe even the 121 I just got since the sheet metal is none too straight.

Just need it working for now though. 

I love that not only do you guys enjoy messing with these old tractor, you use them!!

Randy

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, RandyLittrell said:

I think this is my favorite tractor you two have done!!

I'm gonna copy it at some point, maybe even the 121 I just got since the sheet metal is none too straight.

Just need it working for now though. 

I love that not only do you guys enjoy messing with these old tractor, you use them!!

Randy

Much appreciated randy. Thank you.

I'll share this with the BBT.

Building and working on them is fun but "working"  them is even more fun.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine

I took the carb and breather off the Tecumseh 10 this afternoon. 

I was planning on cleaning up and rebuilding the carb but I have the wrong parts kit. 

New parts ordered. 

I'll get it soaking for a few days anyway. 

IMG_20210808_145310071.jpg.d580fd1586caaae26281ffaada3a1760.jpg

IMG_20210808_152925776.jpg.4f1b2332cf952391ce9e6dfb23b0fd0a.jpg

The breather was leaking like a sieve out the bottom. 

Any idea why??

IMG_20210808_145302811.jpg.366917638767b85d55a323ed88728f62.jpg

Look at the compression marks in the gasket at the top right corner. On the engine that was the bottom right. Some bright pile of sunshine PO actually left 1/4 of the old gasket in place the last time this was apart.  

The whole bottom of the breather was seeping oil. 

• Like 3

Handy Don
4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

bright pile of sunshine

LOL! That's a new one for me, thanks. My long passed father-on-law was always mindful of his language. He would have called this PO a "chucklehead".

Edited by Handy Don
  • Haha 3

Oldskool

Looking good Eric. It's like brandy new.

• Thanks 1

Lee1977

I hope you have the hose from the valve cover to the air breather.  Don't have to pull in much dust before you have to clean the carb. again.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Lee1977 said:

I hope you have the hose from the valve cover to the air breather.  Don't have to pull in much dust before you have to clean the carb. again.

Good point. 

This engine didn't even have an air cleaner when I got it but I think I have the whole thing with the hose on a parts engine. 

WHX??

Nice carb work EB... you ain't carefull you be our vintage carb guru! :)

Little :offtopic: but that second pic someone may want to go see their podriatist ... I see a a bunion, a corn and a in grown waitin to happen...... thems painful. Nice to see the webbed toes  too ..... here I thought I was the only one....:lol:

I'll not go ther with pics just now.... picked up a bit of fungus from sloshing around in JC cruzers  in ankle deep water at the last show. :eusa-doh:

• Haha 2

8ntruck

Bench grinder mounted 6" brush on the main jet?  Man, a little slip there, and the brush would flip that little main jet into oblivion.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

Bench grinder mounted 6" brush on the main jet?  Man, a little slip there, and the brush would flip that little main jet into oblivion.

Adventurous. My middle name. 

I have a brush wheel that's not too aggressive. 

And a very careful practiced way of handling things on that machine. I do still occasionally fling an item to "Cantfinditville". 

• Like 2