prondzy

stevasaurus

I'm not sure how the story is going to develop, but I can see, a lot of beer was consumed thinking about the painting scheme.  This tractor has Grain Belt written all around it.  I'm sure it took more the one case to make this happen.  Mike, how did you find this in Minnesota & how did Jim get his hands on it???  :occasion-xmas:

squonk

I've been thinking about painting a set of wheels like that. What's the best procedure?

• Like 1

roadapples

:text-yeahthat:

Achto
1 hour ago, prondzy said:

What do ya think @Achto is Jim gonna complain about letting this one go too?

Once again he missed the potential that he had in his hand. :D

1 hour ago, prondzy said:

WHX 2nd Hand Pony Ranch

I like the new name. Time to change the sign in front of your house. :handgestures-thumbupright: :lol:

BTW, I think Jim just picked up an 877 with great patina and a missing steering wheel. ;)

Edited by Achto
  • Haha 2

prondzy
1 hour ago, stevasaurus said:

I'm not sure how the story is going to develop, but I can see, a lot of beer was consumed thinking about the painting scheme.  This tractor has Grain Belt written all around it.  I'm sure it took more the one case to make this happen.  Mike, how did you find this in Minnesota & how did Jim get his hands on it???  :occasion-xmas:

Not sure how Jim came about it, sure he will tell us. I saw it and loved it, Jim decided to trade her when i put up my 1045, we made the deal at Jims Plow Day 2020

prondzy
1 minute ago, Achto said:

BTW, Jim just picked up an 877 with great patina and a missing steering wheel. ;)

Im on it!

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

prondzy
40 minutes ago, squonk said:

I've been thinking about painting a set of wheels like that. What's the best procedure?

Paint them red, taped off the outside circle with 1/4" masking tape and taped off the inside, spray outside silver, stripe the line between with black, super easy. I did it all with the tires on the rims

• Like 3

Mikey the Monkey

@prondzy..

That machine looks awesome. Great judgement call on keeping that patina

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

That is a unique tractor and is a good runner. Just remember Mike dibs to get it back you knock up the missus again! 

Not really sorry as to letting it go a 1045 was just a couple a tractors higher up on the bucket list. I shoulda dickered a little harder with ya Mike and said the bug fogger has to go with it!

I would have never restoed her in a million but I gave it to Ryan who was whining like a school girl that he didn't have any round hoods to show. He threatened  to resto it so I ney ney Jose and got it back.  It did need some new bearings in the rear end so hopefully you took care of that. Sides I was up to my earballs in with a 857 and the 867  that needed new axle needles.

Story behind the find is it was CL score believe it or not. Seller was 1hr+  away but when talked on the phone he mentioned he has two 854's so off I went. I didn't even bother to quobble about his asking price when he said he had a '67 LR he'd throw  in with the deal. Top it off he threw in a NOS square pan seat cover that went on Cindy's 702. Turned out the guy was a collector and had 30 some horses that he sold and these were his last three.

So got the whole herd home and Dan took custody of the 2nd 854 which turned out to be a 753 which is a good candidate for resto.

@dclarke took custody of the LR. Now that's one tractor I wished I wouldn't have let go but she was a project. 

We had both tractors running in an hour.

Had a plow on it that got parted out to get Dan a working plow. 

20190605_161433.jpg

20190605_161941.jpg

20190622_165548.jpg

20190605_184815.jpg

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 4

Achto
8 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

20190605_184815.jpg

Almost forgot about those yellow rims.:unsure::D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

WHX??

Truth be told Mike not sure if I like the wheels ... maybe just a little too much pop for the patina?  Take it you didn't like the crack of the square pan seat every time you sit on it either! 

Since these :occasion-clown: like pics Mike .... The 1045 .... a go to tub puller for spring clean up & mutt rides! Cindy loves it easy on easy off. I think... no I know I got the better end of the stick! :teasing-poke:

20210314_135922.jpg

20201205_163729.jpg

20201205_163827.jpg

• Like 6

prondzy
1 hour ago, WHX24 said:

That is a unique tractor and is a good runner. Just remember Mike dibs to get it back you knock up the missus again! 

20190605_161433.jpg

20190605_161941.jpg

20190622_165548.jpg

20190605_184815.jpg

Thats Ryan's deal not mine. 3 kiddos is enough.

• Haha 3

SylvanLakeWH

Looks great!

:clap:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

Nice work Mike!

Somehow I feel like I need to be in the dibs pool too!  The CL ad popped up in Grand Rapids too.  I was trying to figure out who to call to go get it for me and somehow Uncle Jim was already on it!  :ROTF:

Edited by pullstart
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

prondzy
On 3/29/2021 at 5:33 AM, pullstart said:

Somehow I feel like I need to be in the dibs pool too! 

I would let you in but i already called dibs on that too!:ROTF:

• Haha 1

speedyleedy

You did awesome job i love the wheels B)