Wheel Horse 3D

2021 Big Show details????

WHX??

Oh ye of little faith.....You guys need to rellllaaaaxxx ther is gonna be a BS and a Portage show and all the others... God willing and my liver able of course. 

Nice to hear your enthusiasm 3D! :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 2

steelman

Been a while since I heard the Hendrix rendition Richard! That’ll be ringing in my ears all day😂

• Heart 1

Greentored
On 4/8/2021 at 4:20 PM, Wheel Horse 3D said:

I tell ya what. If THEY cancel the show, I'm goin' full on revolutionary and making the command decision, THERE WILL BE A SHOW! If we gotta find an open field here in WV and just pull everyone in Woodstock style, so be it!

I will stand and fight alongside you haha.  Greentored is going to a big show somewhere in June, and thats a fact!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Greentored

Is anybody getting a touch more excited as we close in?  Things are still looking promising!

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Over on another thread the gang was kind enough to share some layout info that i thought would be particularly useful for us newbies!

SmartSelect_20210505-102933_Google.jpg

SmartSelect_20210505-103012_Google.jpg

SmartSelect_20210505-103026_Google.jpg

Thanks @pullstart @WHX24 and @squonk !!!!

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Wheel Horse 3D

I guess i should setup in the horse trading barn?

But then i hate missin all the action, and wont have a huge stock. Mrs and i will be sportin WH3D tshirts, and we'll be sure to have somethin identifying our spot. What would ya'll suggest?

Pullstart

I believe that you should refer to the WHCC flyer for details on setting up in a barn... I don’t recall if it’s first come, first served, or if you reserve a spot.  You can always pitch an easy up and have people swing by if the barns are full :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wheel Horse 3D
5 minutes ago, pullstart said:

pitch an easy up and have people swing by

I think thats my option..I wanna be out where all the fun is! Mrs and I will have comms so if ya find one of us, we can find the other, and there may be a few 3D ambassadors out there showing off some good looking ornaments and what not!

• Like 1

Racinbob

Just last night while I was watching the truck race my wife asked me if the show was happening this year. I got on the South Mountain Fairgrounds website and they have a full page spread on it. Dates, featured tractor and all. It seems like they are assuming it's a go. Maybe it it that "cautious optimism" that was mentioned is the reason there's not much activity here about it. Not even a countdown clock. :confusion-scratchheadyellow:

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ed Kennell
On 5/5/2021 at 10:38 AM, Wheel Horse 3D said:

I guess i should setup in the horse trading barn?

But then i hate missin all the action, and wont have a huge stock. Mrs and i will be sportin WH3D tshirts, and we'll be sure to have somethin identifying our spot. What would ya'll suggest?

See @ericj for info on vendor set up.     Just a reminder... you must be a WHCC member to sell.

Wheel Horse 3D
13 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

See @ericj for info on vendor set up.     Just a reminder... you must be a WHCC member to sell.

Already paid my dues!

• Thanks 1

Wheel Horse 3D
On 5/8/2021 at 8:54 AM, Ed Kennell said:

Thanks for the tip @Ed Kennell! @ericj was a great source of info and a great chat!

Thanks to ya both!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Greentored
On 5/8/2021 at 8:46 AM, Racinbob said:

Just last night while I was watching the truck race my wife asked me if the show was happening this year. I got on the South Mountain Fairgrounds website and they have a full page spread on it. Dates, featured tractor and all. It seems like they are assuming it's a go. Maybe it it that "cautious optimism" that was mentioned is the reason there's not much activity here about it. Not even a countdown clock. :confusion-scratchheadyellow:

Maybe thats it.  The lack of optimism certainly has taken the wind out of my sails. 

Wheel Horse 3D
3 hours ago, Greentored said:

Maybe thats it.  The lack of optimism certainly has taken the wind out of my sails. 

Well I certainly am optimized! Ready to get some show on! Even decided to bring a printer for folks to watch work!

• Excellent 4

Jrblanke

Sup y'all. Are we doing the dinner on Wednesday night? I've never been up in Wednesday to go to it. What was the restaurant name, and what time do y'all normally meet?

• Like 2

Wheel Horse 3D

Another silly detail question...what do ya'll do about yer stetups overnight? I guess I'll need to pack most stuff up every night, but just curious how secure things are, and the level of precautions that should be taken. Do I take down a WH banner every night? The printer and small stuff will have to go back to camp with me(boy that end loader will be HANDY!) And what about your camsite during the day? I plan to be open camping, no fancy RV etc. Just a tent, Hammocks etc.

wallfish

Not much to worry about leaving your stuff. Never heard of a problem yet but I wouldn't leave a pile of cash out there to temp someone. LoL

Leave the popup and your stuff under it in your show spot. Take anything small and important and you should be good to go. Just use common sense..

4 hours ago, Jrblanke said:

Sup y'all. Are we doing the dinner on Wednesday night? I've never been up in Wednesday to go to it. What was the restaurant name, and what time do y'all normally meet?

What's happen'n James? Look'n forward to hanging out again!  The restaurant is Italian Village. The Chambersburg hotel boys usually set that up so not sure what time they get together. 6 ish? Not sure yet if me or my father can make it but we're gonna try. @squonk set up attendance the last time when I made it so they have an idea how many to expect.  

• Thanks 1

squonk

I set up 2 dinners and that's enough. Got too big. People saying they are coming but don't know how many until the last minute.Can't remember who did the last one. We had over 30. With possible covid restrictions who's to say we could even arrange anything. Italian Village Rt11 Chambersburg. If you're at the Comfort Inn by 4 in the afternoon I'm sure you could latch on with someone. Don't know if they serve pie.:lol:

• Haha 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

DON'T LET @squonk TALK YOU GUYS INTO GOING TO GET BBQ.  It is like Mr. Toads wild ride . Don't ask. :ROTF:

• Haha 4

elcamino/wheelhorse

Waldo rules! @squonk

Jrblanke
11 hours ago, wallfish said:

Not much to worry about leaving your stuff. Never heard of a problem yet but I wouldn't leave a pile of cash out there to temp someone. LoL

Leave the popup and your stuff under it in your show spot. Take anything small and important and you should be good to go. Just use common sense..

What's happen'n James? Look'n forward to hanging out again!  The restaurant is Italian Village. The Chambersburg hotel boys usually set that up so not sure what time they get together. 6 ish? Not sure yet if me or my father can make it but we're gonna try. @squonk set up attendance the last time when I made it so they have an idea how many to expect.  

@wallfish Hey John! I'm excited for the big show for sure. I hope you guys can make it! Right now I'm planning to take a half day on Wednesday and drive up, so I'll get there between 5 and 6.

Good to know on the name of the dinner. I can imagine this year might be different. I can also understand that it is difficult to set up attendance. @squonk I'm sure if there isn't pie, we will get our fill at the show. I'll be bringing a cooler to bring some home!

• Like 2

squonk
8 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Waldo rules! @squonk

Hey, you gotta let the Old Coots win once in a while. Otherwise they get all cranky and chase kids off of their yards and drive slow in the passing lane on their way to Coffee Club at Burger King.

• Haha 4

Greentored

WOW HEY, some Big Show chit chat to blow my sails back up YEAH!:banana-rock:

Planning to roll into town sometime Wednesday and hope to meet up with some of ya's. Hope theres a place somewhere to park the truck and catch some sleep before Thursday.  

Once inside the gates, hoping to set up in the middle of all the fun and pitch a tent in the truck bed. Is that allowed, or do I have to go to the camp ground?

• Excellent 1

jimt1971

Greentored all camping is done in the camping area. They will not allow you to camp in the show area. But, there are many place to set up.

• Thanks 1

Wheel Horse 3D
2 hours ago, squonk said:

Hey, you gotta let the Old Coots win once in a while. Otherwise they get all cranky and chase kids off of their yards and drive slow in the passing lane on their way to Coffee Club at Burger King.

lol not that old, but did both of those things this week!

• Haha 2