Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

1944 Ford 2N

pfrederi

Nice machine!! 

Pullstart

Congrats!  That drab color sure is unique and cool!

stevasaurus

That is a lot of fun sitting there!!!   That color grows on you.  :occasion-xmas:

The Tuul Crib

I have always loved the looks of these ford tractors. Very iconic to me only because I grew up in the Midwest and we had one. I believe it was 9N . Looking forward to what you do from here on with it! Maybe paint it original color or........!!

T-Mo
28 minutes ago, The Tuul Crib said:

I have always loved the looks of these ford tractors. Very iconic to me only because I grew up in the Midwest and we had one. I believe it was 9N . Looking forward to what you do from here on with it! Maybe paint it original color or........!!

Even though I'm pretty sure this isn't the correct shade of gray, the 9Ns and 2Ns were painted gray from the factory.  But, I believe, they might have been a shade darker than this shade of gray.

Pollack Pete

Nice tractor.Good to see you have the "right" brand pick up pulling it.I have a 1948 8n here that needs a valve job and a 1955 Ford 800 that is getting a cosmetic restoration.Great tractors.Have fun with your new toy.

T-Mo

A 800 would have been nice.  I found a Workmaster 601 or 801 (can't remember) sitting in someone's front yard as yard art.  I would love to have rescued it.

Pollack Pete
54 minutes ago, T-Mo said:

A 800 would have been nice.  I found a Workmaster 601 or 801 (can't remember) sitting in someone's front yard as yard art.  I would love to have rescued it.

Same sad story as my 8n.The guy had rocks and flowers all around it on his front lawn.I guess his wife didn't like the color of the ford(not bright enough} and he replaced it with a Farmall cub.I was happy to rescue the Ford for 800 bucks.

8ntruck

Congratulations.  That will be a good tractor for odd jobs around your property.

I've got an early production 1948 8n.  It has been converted to 12 volts and that conversion needs some neatening up.  The brakes also need some work, probably needs axle seals as well.

6wheeler

Nice little 2N there. Just a question? Never had one. Is the original supposed to be gray and red? Also? Did you get the emblems with it? It must have had the rims replaced. Or at least? Never had fluid in them. Have fun with it. Oh, and by the way? It is easier to put a little hydraulic fluid in it, than put those seals in :teasing-poke:.

T-Mo

The 9Ns and 2Ns were all gray from the factory.  The 8N introduced the red bodies with the silver/gray hoods and fenders.  They, the 8Ns, for that reason got the name red-bellies.

The emblems I had to buy from ebay.  There is a Ford logo, and a Ferguson System logo that goes on the front of the tractor.  They pot metal with speed nuts to hold them on.  The 8Ns only had the Ford logo emblem on the hood and Ford on the side of the hood.  Later 8Ns had the Ford script on the fenders.

The rims on this 2N are original.  The first 9Ns had a smoother rim, while the 8Ns had a different rear rim.  Here is a file showing all the differences in the N-series Fords.  I found it on the Way-back machine and did some editing to make it easier to follow.

Change history '39-'64 Ford Tractors.pdf

• Excellent 1

T-Mo

Last week, before the heat wave hit us, I got the 2N out for a drive and photo shoot.  I do have 3 implements for it, a back blade, a Ferguson 2 bottom plow, and a boom pole.  I'm on the fence about a brush hog, and I thinking about adding a 3 point carrier.

IMG_2053.jpeg

IMG_2052.jpeg

IMG_2051.jpeg

IMG_2050.jpeg

IMG_2049.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

Daron1965
3 hours ago, T-Mo said:

Last week, before the heat wave hit us, I got the 2N out for a drive and photo shoot.  I do have 3 implements for it, a back blade, a Ferguson 2 bottom plow, and a boom pole.  I'm on the fence about a brush hog, and I thinking about adding a 3 point carrier.

IMG_2053.jpeg

IMG_2052.jpeg

IMG_2051.jpeg

IMG_2050.jpeg

IMG_2049.jpeg

That is a true piece of American Ag history.  I enjoy all old AG equipment.

From small to large. 

T-Mo

I picked up this Ford 19-142 reversible scoop a few weeks back. Just to see it on my 2N, yesterday I mounted it there and took a few pictures. Now I just need to get some stabilizer bars and give this thing a workout.

IMG_2148.jpeg

IMG_2147.jpeg

IMG_2146.jpeg

• Excellent 1

Herder

I hadn't seen this thread until now!!  Love it T-MO.  And I like the scoop.