bc.gold

John Deere Model 70

bc.gold

Purchased this model 70 from a customer, it eventually sold to a collector.

Model-70.jpg

• Like 2

bc.gold

Just a small portion of this rock was above ground, if you look closely you'll see an anchor my dad had drilled the hole to inset as a tail hold for a 75 ton stump puller that he had used to pull over a couple of large cotton woods.

The tractor is a Gibson Model M, twin cylinder Wisconsin when he could no longer crank start the engine I installed an electric starter from parts from air cooled Volkswagen and Toyota. The VW flywheel and ring gear are integral using the large La Blonde machined the center to shrink fit onto the Wisconsin flywheel, the VW starter was the right rotation but does not use a nose cone as it turned out the Japanese used on Toyota copied the German Bosch, just had to bore it out for a larger bushing to fit the armature.

What he is doing here is digging the hole deeper, then he undermines  the rock to let it fall into the hole.

Dad-Gibson.jpg

Dad-Rock.jpg

rock.jpg

Edited by bcgold
  • Like 4

bc.gold

My father sitting next to Ada Fox this is her 104th birthday as you can see their acting like a pair of teenagers.

She lived to 108 and outlived my father.

fox-104.jpg

Screenshot-2021-03-10-Ada-A-Fox-1.png

Edited by bcgold
  • Like 4
  • Heart 2

bc.gold

At this point father is terminally ill with colon cancer, here he is supervising the work I'm doing on a Lincoln SAE 200 amp welder, one had a freshly rebuilt engine the other had a fresh generator..

Dad-Welder.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

bc.gold

Aluminum bus about to be dismantled for scrap.

bus.jpg

• Like 2

bc.gold

My very good friend Nick Zoteck who at onetime owned an auto wrecker in Edmonton, me and another bud were handling the scrap metal from a large plant renovation and expansion we were getting full length metal trusses and I-beams and did not want it to go to the steel mill.

Nick was the first cold contact when I told him what we had said he would take it all, when the first semi load arrived and we unloaded and payment was made immediately, said he would take more if we had it.

Second load arrived and unloaded, said we would have to wait for payment, I told him we loaded it the first time and we can do it again, he points to the bottom desk drawer says have a drink and I'll be back in an hour.

That was over forty years ago and we have been friends ever since and have had a few joint ventures that worked out well for both.

Thia is Nicks Shuswap Lake property, he came out to BC for one of our joint ventures and purchased this BC property on his return trip to Edmonton. I'm here to help move some junk around.

nick1.jpg

nick2.jpg

Edited by bcgold
  • Like 5

ebinmaine

Cool pics and memories. Thanks for sharing. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

seuadr
6 hours ago, bcgold said:

Second load arrived and unloaded, said we would have to wait for payment, I told him we loaded it the first time and we can do it again, he points to the bottom desk drawer says have a drink and I'll be back in an hour.

Those are the best kind of people to deal with. Straight shooters that don't try and pull one over.

Edited by seuadr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1