DennisThornton

Wheel Horse Wrench?

JoeM
5 minutes ago, DennisThornton said:

Got one of these?

Yep....someone here was selling them a while back. Might still be in classified???

• Like 1

JCM

@dw753 Derek Workman had these for sale, I bought one, works great.

• Like 2

Blackhood Bill

@DennisThornton got two and @dw753 still has them. I have recently seen them on FB.

• Like 2

pfrederi

Save your money.  I understand the WH wrenches can bend.  Old deck blade hacksaw and a grinder and a bit of time and it will not bend and mine is several years old now.

IMG_3428.JPG

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 5
  • Excellent 1

rjg854

Cordless Impact driver and socket :)

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

953 nut

I took about 1/8" off the side of one of my 1 1/8" open end wrenches years ago, slips right in there.

• Like 2

JoeM

Mine is just a wall hanger 

I used a half inch drive air gun with 6 point socket

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

DennisThornton
2 hours ago, pfrederi said:

Save your money.  I understand the WH wrenches can bend.  Old deck blade hacksaw and a grinder and a bit of time and it will not bend and mine is several years old now.

IMG_3428.JPG

Been wondering why I've kept so many used blades!  Man!  That should work alright!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

squonk
11 hours ago, rjg854 said:

Cordless Impact driver and socket :)

IR 231 for the stubborn ones! :tools-hammerdrill:

6d45d31f734e4362979bf50bca56283a.jpg

Edited by squonk
  • Like 3

lynnmor

I have one that I bought with a new tractor many years ago, is spread open the first time I used it.  I think they are made out of peanut butter.  Get a cheap wrench at a flea market or yard sale and if it is too thick, grind it down.

• Like 3

DennisThornton
28 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

I have one that I bought with a new tractor many years ago, is spread open the first time I used it.  I think they are made out of peanut butter.  Get a cheap wrench at a flea market or yard sale and if it is too thick, grind it down.

No kidding!  Wheel Horse put their name on a mediocre tool?  Why bother?

Pullstart

What are we using these for?  Why do they need to be skinny?  I’ve taken a liking to Forged In Fire.  If I ever make my own Damascus blade, it’ll be out of either leaf springs or mower blades, or both!

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
3 minutes ago, pullstart said:

What are we using these for?  Why do they need to be skinny?  I’ve taken a liking to Forged In Fire.  If I ever make my own Damascus blade, it’ll be out of either leaf springs or mower blades, or both!

For the mower blade spindles nuts, the thinner ones go between the blade and "top" nut to hold it while removing/installing the blade retention nut.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
3 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

For the mower blade spindles nuts, the thinner ones go between the blade and "top" nut to hold it while removing/installing the blade retention nut.

Shows how often I change :wh: blades :ROTF:  I did just get a set sharpened and balanced for my Xi deck 

• Haha 1

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

Shows how often I change :wh: blades :ROTF:  I did just get a set sharpened and balanced for my Xi deck 

Don't feel bad I never used an open end wrench, just a block of wood to stop the blade and box end wrench and a rubber mallet to loosen or tighten the blade nuts before acquiring an impact "gun" wrench.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

squonk
3 hours ago, pullstart said:

You mow? :confusion-confused:

• Haha 2

squonk

I love the smell of dead grass burning in the morning! 

flame.jpg

• Haha 1

Pullstart
11 minutes ago, squonk said:

You mow? :confusion-confused:

Sometimes... but with a ZTR Scag.

That zero turn, many people might call a throw away.  I got a commercial powder coated tough version.  Mrs. P told me in 2018 just before the Big Show “You go get a new zero turn mower [and keep my big front yard mowed], and you can have as many Wheel Horses as you want.  Well, we know how that turned out!

Edited by pullstart
And for the rest of the story
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

Racinbob

Years ago I had a friend mill an open end wrench down to fit. Being 16-18" long they make it quick and easy work :)

1457869303_mowerbladewrenches.JPG.eb9ff725fe64438bd38c7734d88c9558.JPG

• Like 1

Kligan

I had 2 of those, but I just sold one of them. Have you not found anything on Facebook? People usually post a lot of stuff there to sell. I posted mine many times! Not everytime I had succes selling it, but my point is people are often searching on FB as there are much lower prices. I sold mine for almost nothing compared to how much I spent on it, honestly. But I'm glad to help others if I can, so no worries. Maybe you'll find what you need at a decent price.

seuadr
On 4/7/2021 at 3:34 AM, Kligan said:

I had 2 of those, but I just sold one of them. Have you not found anything on Facebook? People usually post a lot of stuff there to sell. I posted mine many times! Not everytime I had succes selling it, but my point is people are often searching on FB as there are much lower prices. I sold mine for almost nothing compared to how much I spent on it, honestly. But I'm glad to help others if I can, so no worries. Maybe you'll find what you need at a decent price.

alright man, i gotta know - are you a bot or just promoting the blog for someone? if you are not a human - i'm super impressed.