Wheel Horse 3D

Micro Backhoe????

Wheel Horse 3D

Well on that note, i finished upgrading the pivots(still need a few more washers), and added some temp shackles, ill be looking for ones that fit properly, that i can attach these type, or carabiners to.

20210630_174434.jpg

20210630_180331.jpg

20210630_180415.jpg

• Like 2

Wheel Horse 3D

As it appears shackles as wide as I want are quite expensive...it will be more cost effective for me to rebuild the forge at the new house and forge me some custom ones.

I have a new collection fire brick and chimney block and tile just for that purpose.

sketch-1625241968111.jpg

sketch-1625242124045.jpg

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Like 2

Wheel Horse 3D

Not sure when ill get to that..thinking i need to investigate boring spindles first!

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Some troubleshooting of an FEL issue from yesterday, thought fluid was perhaps low, so I added a little, and promptly squirted it all back out..so it wasnt a fluid level issue. I think it was too much tension on pump, back and workin again.

Finished the drill holder for the tailstock of the mini lathe. Have first spindle bored to 1/2", next is to find a better drill for 3/4. Maybe go 5/8 then 3/4.

Wheel Horse 3D

Spindle progress is slow but consistent as I line out the process and tooling. Hole centering looks good. Looks like HSS bits run a bit better on my machine with the horsepower available. Ordered me a couple new ones a 5/8 and a 3/4. The Dewalt 3/4 from the box store does ok, but prefers a full bite rather than reaming only 1/8 from each side.Tends to chatter.  Went ahead and ordered my 4 x 4 hubs!!! The cut off from the next spindle will likely be turned into solid motor mount inserts since the lathe is up and going

• Like 2

Wheel Horse 3D

4x4 hubs and Tuner lug nuts arrived, wheel spacers should arrive any day now. Tryin to get the big boat done and outta the way so I can dive into the wheel work and lifting the seatpan.

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Spacers have arrived!

20210804_195951.jpg

• Like 2

Wheel Horse 3D

Now just waiting on the CORRECT spindles to arrive so I can get them bored out.

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Still working on those spindles! But spied a burnt down small kubota tlb(b23?) Working on figurin who owns the machine and what it would take to get the backhoe off of it!

Likely need all new hoses and may need to rebuild cylinders and controls.  Fingers crossed!

• Like 4

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

get the backhoe

Be sure to get a dry weight off the K backhoe. 

Our neighbor has one and they are 4 TIMES the weight of a C series. Not sure how the D compares.   

Wheel Horse 3D

If its the right one should be about 600lbs. Thats the original shipping weight for the bx23s backhoe only.

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D

Dan.gerous
29 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Still working on those spindles! But spied a burnt down small kubota tlb(b23?) Working on figurin who owns the machine and what it would take to get the backhoe off of it!

Likely need all new hoses and may need to rebuild cylinders and controls.  Fingers crossed!

It's probably too large, I just sold one of an 18hp iseki compact as there was no way it would sensibly fit the wheelhorse - and it wasn't even a huge unit.

But you could sell it to fund parts for a smaller self build....

• Like 1

ebinmaine
20 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

600lbs

5 minutes ago, Dan.gerous said:

large

You'd need a fair pile of counterweight for sure. Gonna have an FEL?

Wheel Horse 3D
55 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

You'd need a fair pile of counterweight for sure. Gonna have an FEL?

Already on Dug

20210822_150220.jpg

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D

If the donor kubita isnt available, or just seems oversized, im gonna bite the bullet on one of the HF towables, do some digging with as is, then work on adapting to Dug. Gotta get the pool in!

• Like 4

8ntruck

Neat diagram for a forge.  Coal burner?

Wheel Horse 3D
1 hour ago, 8ntruck said:

Neat diagram for a forge.  Coal burner?

Coal, wood, or charcoal. Could even drop a propane or gas insert if ya wanted, also could have an oven area opposite side the forge for bread pizza etc. Maybe a flat griddle arwa to the front for outdoor cooking.

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D

Wheel Horse 3D

K a little more weight comparison research..

The Brantly LD6 weighs about 725 lbs with its mounting kit. The smaller kubota weighs right around 600. Plus maybe 100 lbs of custom mounting etc. To the tranny and existing subframe. Then a weldin buddy figures it would be pretty easy to shave 100 lbs or so off the kubota. So weight wise would actually be very comparable to the brantly.

Balance wise Figure tractor is abt 600lbs plus 300 lbs for the endloader and frame, so 900 lbs the majority of which is fwd of the rear axle..

Thinking this is looking decent as an option!

SmartSelect_20220527-123415_Drive.jpg

SmartSelect_20220527-150721_Google.jpg

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D

Wheel Horse 3D

Some relatively current backhoe models that fall into that weight range bracket:

JD 260b

Kubota bt601( bt600? Getting different weight results for the 600)

Kubota bh6000

Woods BT6000

Pretty much any kubota for the BX23 series

Also remember operating weight includes an operator, shipping weight doesn't

There are some other brands and models like LS and their manufacturers that fit that category, but looks like something rated for the 15-25 hp range is about the right weight. With so many of the kubotas out there though thats likely ones best bet to find one. Most im seeing are running around 5k in full working order. Going after work today to see if i can find the owner of one that needs repair.

Would be great to see more Horses with backhoes, maybe these are some options especially if the can be found for a deal or needing repair

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D

And  a Mr Jay @roadapples reminder from earlier on this thread of the LD6 and how it looks on a c-series.....awesome!

20170602_193210.jpg.884d884899706b80b17d2dd4f0e96c67.jpg

20170918_155412.jpg.98fce4a5c1a664b008d2ed67769568d4.jpg

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

c-series don

I’d love to see pictures of how that attaches to the tractor! 

Wheel Horse 3D
On 2/26/2021 at 7:32 PM, roadapples said:

Mine attaches a little different than John's. Those front legs attach at the mid attachamatic. They had to be shortened. Made for D250. They run along side the base frame for the loader and pieces were added to fasten to the rear axle housing.20170602_193210.jpg.884d884899706b80b17d2dd4f0e96c67.jpg20170602_193421.jpg.7638509097f991d1a22f19c922cc3ba5.jpg20170602_193451.jpg.57f8835d76358ce11b09a8953feeda7b.jpg20170602_193301.jpg.ec507e6ade4da5c5cd5c8924fda2d2d4.jpg

Also from earlier in this thread.. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Also earlier in the thread @wallfish has multiple posts of the pf engineering backhoe he built!

IMG_0139.JPG.192548be02f8562933d9eb4e2b38a624.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

roadapples
2 hours ago, c-series don said:

I’d love to see pictures of how that attaches to the tractor! 

Will you be at the Big show?

c-series don

I had planned on it but life threw me a curve ball and now unfortunately I will not be able to attend. I even Air BNBed an entire house in Gettysburg for my family and extended family, and had to cancel it.