ryan2121

Suggested price for c-120

ryan2121

I am considering selling my 1976 C-120 8 speed, but I have no idea what to ask for it nor the value of any of these anymore. It has had a amateur restoration done several years back and will include a 36" tiller that works great, a belly mower that needs a little tlc and a unknown brand snow plow. The tractor runs and works as it should other then at a very low idle it has a knock or under heavy load it has a knock, when idled up everything smooths out and is quiet.  It does include all 4 wheel weights.  Id appreciate any info I can get.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

• Like 1

WHX??

In my area.

Tractor 7-800 (weights may up that 100) 

Tiller - 300

Deck 200 

Personally I would start at 1500 but take nothing less than 1350 

Lee1977

From what you said about it I wouldn't give over $700 for all,

rmaynard

I think it depends on how fast you want to sell it. C-120 is a nice machine. Yours may need an engine overhaul considering what you said. Tillers do sell for about $300. Decks of questionable condition at shows don't go for more than $150.00. Unknown snow plow...$50. Wheel weights $150.00 - $200.00 to the right buyer. The C-120 alone in the condition as described at a show I'd pay maybe $400.00. Individually you may get more than the whole.

SPINJIM

:text-yeahthat:

Are the REAR wheel weights Wheel Horse brand, or after-market?  I've seen the WH ones sell for $200 for the rears and $150 for the fronts.

As a package, I'd say $900 because of the knock in the engine and the questionable condition of the mower deck.   But the rototiller would be of good interest to someone who already owns a Wheel Horse;  you could probably sell that separately for $350 to $400, then sell the balance for $600.   Price depends on your local market.   Spring weather should help it sell, if spring ever arrives.   Good luck.

Jim

• Like 1

Pullstart

I wonder if the knock is ignition related?  In my experience, a knocking Kohler doesn’t smooth out no matter the rpms.

• Like 2

haydendavid380

IMO you'd be better splitting it up. 

$6-800 for that tractor and deck

$3-400 for the tiller

$2-300 for the weights 

$1-150 on the plow 

Seeing $1000+ listing turns off a lot of people regardless of what it is. Some people can't fit another tractor. Some people don't have thousands to dump on a whole package deal.

But someone is always looking for implements in good shape and a good strong tractor is always in demand.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

WHX??

Advise a prospective buyer you can't buy a GT like this anymore for any kind of money. You wouldn't be a dishonest salesman with that statement. 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Racinbob
14 hours ago, pullstart said:

I wonder if the knock is ignition related?  In my experience, a knocking Kohler doesn’t smooth out no matter the rpms.

That's exactly what I thought. Detonation. It could be a cheap easy fix by replacing and properly gapping the points. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1