skrusins

D200 Trans

skrusins

A good friend of mine has a D200 with a Sunstran in which lost all power. Are there companies that rebuild them hopfully in the Ohio area?

pfrederi

Failure could be from a raft of things from the drive coupling engine to pump to a failure in the transaxle..and anything in between.  LJ Fluid Power has some parts but I don't believe they rebuild things anymore.  Honestly any place you find that MAY rebuild them it will probably be way to much to spend on a 40 year old machine. 

They are not the easiest  machine to work on but several of us here have resurrected some pretty sick hydros.   

Take a look at the diagnostic chart in the sunstrand manual here to get an idea of what may be wrong

LJ FLUID.JPG

daveoman1966

The D-200 (all D's ) have a 'Separated System' and the most difficult part of the rebuild is getting the Hyd PUMP separated from the engine.  You'll also need to rebuild the Hyd MOTOR as it has nearly identical internal parts and it shares the fluid (Oil or ATF) with the pump via a 4-line MANIFOLD.  The rebuild is NOT difficult at all....if you can turn a wrench, you can do the rebuild.  I have posted on Red Square a .pdf file of the 'How To' with pics.  There is a 2nd .pdf file from SUNDSTRAND. Here again are the files.

I also have a source for Gaskets and O-rings.  

You will need to make these 2 screws for reassembly of the maniflold to the hyd PUMP:  

1 (183).JPG

1 (188)A.jpg

SUNDSTRAND Piston-Piston PUMP & MOTOR Refurb.pdf Transmission_Sundstrand_Hydrogear_Piston-Piston_1965-1982.pdf D SERIES ALL LIST (3).pdf

• Like 3

skrusins

Thanks I'll pass this information on. I'm still hoping there is a local company that can rebuild it.

pacer

As already mentioned, there is more than likely no one to take it on --- and, as mentioned, the cost would be prohibitive.

The rebuild is a labor intensive project, but, as Dave mentioned if you are fairly familiar with wrenches, and with all the info on doing one (and the info IS extensive here on the forum) and, a good likely hood that it would not be costly ..... give it a go, you cant make it much worse, its already down!