Achto

Refreshing My 701

WHX??

I love it when a plan comes together says the A team dude! Did you use that material under the motor that work donated to the cause? It really does work good for a mounting pad. 

48 minutes ago, Achto said:

changed all of the shaft seals on the transmission

How do you always seem to get away with just seals? I saved a bit of the rust dust in case you wanted to be a real bro and snort some like I had to do off the wire wheel! Had brown boogers for a week! 

20200907_172238.jpg

This is where I stand but just getting baby steps done. Life keeps getting in the way.

20210414_172330.jpg

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 6
  • Excellent 2

rjg854
28 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

I saved a bit of the rust dust in case you wanted to be a real bro and snort some like I had to do off the wire wheel! Had brown boogers for a week! 

20200907_172238.jpg

After you put it back together, this time use gear lube, instead of water, and you won't have that condition again.  :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 7

Achto
2 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Did you use that material under the motor that work donated to the cause? It really does work good for a mounting pad. 

Bolted it right down to the frame. Figured it was good enough for the Pond's, good enough for me.:thumbs2:

2 hours ago, WHX24 said:

How do you always seem to get away with just seals?

Sorry about your tranny Jim, It's hard to get quality goods for free.:D I'll pass on snorting the rust dust, had a enough of that with this project to last me a while.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19richie66

Nice point to walk away from. Looks great Dan!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

dclarke

Very nice, Dan! Keep the pics coming.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

Awesome Dan. You have a way with metal. Can’t wait to see it finished.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Achto
14 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Awesome Dan. You have a way with metal.

Thanks Richie, This tractor was almost too nice at the start. I'm used to starting with some thing a lot rougher. Junk & I usually have a good relation ship together.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

WHX??
4 minutes ago, Achto said:

decided to take advantage of the quiet time and get my hood lettered.

Absolutely no problems with quiet time, quiet time that's a pretty important thing there  ..... betting the captain was ther to keep company...why the he double hockey sticks do we  ever get married anyway!?!!??!?:D....Ahaa  thanks for the reminder :unsure:

• Haha 3

Achto
3 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

betting the captain was ther to keep company

But of course!!

Needed to have a steady hand, don't ya know. :lol:

WHX??

The cables mentioned 

Black choke + Throttle cables with Metal knobs Fit Willys CJ2A CJ3A CJ3B jeep | eBay 

I am going to try and cover them with a small piece of black shrink wrap if it pans out cover the whole cable. 

I'll have to put up a post of the original amp meter I am going to use. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Achto
53 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

I am going to try and cover them with a small piece of black shrink wrap if it pans out cover the whole cable

Thanks for posting that link Jim.:handgestures-thumbupright:

I covered my cables with braided wire loom, then put a short piece of shrink wrap on the ends to cap it off. I left the loom back a ways where the cable goes over the exhaust figuring that it might melt in that area. It turned out looking very good. I'll get some close ups later today.

• Like 3

Pullstart
On 4/19/2021 at 8:53 PM, WHX24 said:

betting the captain was ther to keep company

On 4/19/2021 at 8:58 PM, Achto said:

But of course!!

Needed to have a steady hand, don't ya know. :lol:

Reminds me of a certain feller...

• Haha 2

Achto
11 hours ago, WHX24 said:

I am going to try and cover them with a small piece of black shrink wrap

As promised, here are some picture of how the cables look with braided wire loom on them.

IMG_20210422_171945866_HDR.jpg.aad790f6a257e241ee9ef656c23ee787.jpg

IMG_20210422_174212775.jpg.0e05c859d47a54041e4bcd1a2cc79747.jpg

Last night I installed my new sediment bulb then left it sit over night so that anaerobic sealant that I used on the threads would have a chance to set up.

I thought that tonight would be a good night to install a battery and see if the ole girl would come back to life. Before installing the battery I added a little bling to it, I think that the old school decal from Terry is a nice touch for an older tractor.

IMG_20210422_162952127.jpg.e4d99325062885e5020ea5debd7e6c9b.jpg

After installing the battery, adding a little gasoline to the tank, and working the primer pump a few times. I'm happy to say that it fired right up.:greetings-clappingyellow: Then it was time to take her out topless for a cruise,:auto-swerve:I'm happy to report that it ran and drove beautifully. Sorry no pictures, I'll get you guys some glammer shots when she has her top on.:lol:

Oh ya, @pullstart might get a kick out of this. Some "Jack Wagon" got a little carried away with the never seize when he was putting the exhaust together.:hide: Spent a good 30min cleaning that mess up after I ran the engine,:lol: 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4
  • Haha 2

Pullstart
1 minute ago, Achto said:

Oh ya, @pullstart might get a kick out of this. Some "Jack Wagon" got a little carried away with the never seize when he was putting the exhaust together.:hide: Spent a good 30min cleaning that mess up after I ran the engine,:lol: 

I know that guy!

• Haha 3

WHX??
On 4/18/2021 at 8:36 PM, Achto said:

I neglected to look for a 10-0-10 ammeter but I can live with the 30-0-30 meter

Didn't you say @Racinbobhad something for you??? I really don't know why you guys keep bad mouthing him I think he is a pretty decent guy..... :ychain:

What I am going to use patina and all.  I have no reason to believe this is not original and  if it don't work so be it will just be ther for another conversation piece. 

20210422_202405.jpg

• Excellent 2

WHX??

Thats the same kinda Chinese finger trap wire loom I have then Dan and was not overly confident on it's abrasion resistance. 

That battery decal is t's on a ritz!!!!! :handgestures-thumbupright: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OutdoorEnvy

Fantastic project and job well done all around!  That was a fun read.  Looking forward to the finished pics! 

The post with the "only had to do one trip to the hardware store" had me laughing.  When I leave my local Ace I usually say "see you in 20!"

Edited by OutdoorEnvy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Achto
6 hours ago, OutdoorEnvy said:

The post with the "only had to do one trip to the hardware store" had me laughing.  When I leave my local Ace I usually say "see you in 20!"

:lol: Normally that's how it goes for me as well.

• Haha 2

Racinbob
9 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Didn't you say @Racinbobhad something for you??? I really don't know why you guys keep bad mouthing him I think he is a pretty decent guy..... :ychain:

What I am going to use patina and all.  I have no reason to believe this is not original and  if it don't work so be it will just be ther for another conversation piece. 

I work hard to deserve the bad mouthing. 

You and Dan need to communicate more often.:angry-tappingfoot: I think I could have figured out how to toss the 15 in with the 10. It doesn't have the swing the 10 has though. I checked all three out for continuity and that was good so I'm assuming they work fine. Let me know if you need it Jim. :)

521927883_Ammeter15amp.jpg.b53e5c543b815a3b7719196a5d7485ab.jpg

• Like 4

WHX??

Thanks Bob But I don't think I will as if it's shot it will be there just to fill a hole and match some other special patina items I have for her. Kinda like a frame off resto but not. :)

8 hours ago, OutdoorEnvy said:

I leave my local Ace I usually say "see you in 20!"

The Ace clerk as I wander aimlessly around wondering what I am forgetting.  " Sir the anti-seize is over here" :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Achto

Does anyone have a picture of the correct location for these decals? @Lane Ranger?

IMG_20210425_085504075.jpg.cb57a78844ac169ed1d5da907482ef9c.jpg

• Like 2

Lane Ranger

My Hein Werner hy2 unit obstructs the decal location on dash tower.  I believe they are both on dash tower in front of shifter. 

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1