Achto

Refreshing My 701

Wheel Horse 3D
5 minutes ago, Achto said:

Might have to send my eyecrometer in to be recalibrated.:lol:

lol did ya check yer calibration sticker? Did ya put it somewhere ya could find it?

• Haha 3

WHX??
3 hours ago, Achto said:

whip up some new drag link bolts.

Thats cheating you are supposed to resto the old ones! Prolly took me more time to resto then to make new ones. 

I did find the SS jamb nuts local but CRS where?!?!? I think ACE in Wautoma??  I used  yer nuts on Cindy's tractor. :lol:If you have to make the hanging bolt for the axle pivot make two. 

Edited by WHX24
  • Excellent 2

Achto
2 hours ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

lol did ya check yer calibration sticker? Did ya put it somewhere ya could find it?

I was able to find the sticker, :confusion-confused:apparently it's about 51yrs out of date.:ROTF:

• Haha 5

Achto
1 hour ago, WHX24 said:

If you have to make the hanging bolt for the axle pivot make two. 

Mine may need some alterations, the treads are stripped out on my frame.:unsure: Don't think that it is thick enough for a Heli coil, will figure it out though.

I'll be happy to make one for you though. What's your pleasure? Stainless, grade 3, grade 5, grade 8, "unobtainium" ?

• Haha 3

Jeff-C175
16 minutes ago, Achto said:

I was able to find the sticker, :confusion-confused:apparently it's about 51yrs out of date.:ROTF:

Maybe?

image.png.9e5f9e35e487e3e818ba203a5d698ed2.png

• Haha 4

WHX??

Can you weld it shut and redrill/thread? There isn't much room on the backside to the steering pivot to do much else. Just enough for a jam nut. 

Just the opposite here the frame threads good the bolt threads gone.  

40 minutes ago, Achto said:

I'll be happy to make one for you though. What's your pleasure? Stainless, grade 3, grade 5, grade 8, "unobtainium" ?

SS....no wait Titanium or gold, maybe not .... the money I just dropped on transmission bearings... :eusa-violin: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Wheel Horse 3D
3 hours ago, Achto said:

Well heck as long as ya found it and it aint gummin up the works somewhere!:ROTF:

• Haha 2

Achto

Last weekend was a bit unproductive but I was able to do some catching up this week. All of the small parts got blasted in my cabinet through out the week and the large parts got blasted out side today. All of the bare metal parts are patiently waiting in our spare bedroom until next weekend when paint will fly.

IMG_20210321_192022327.jpg.f69538b189fd387ec65b3d78bd4c40e9.jpg 

Edited by Achto
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 4

WHX??

How was that burrito Dan ... heard you you had the bit of the runs!?!? :lol:

Looks good ... 'specially   those two items to the far left! 

• Haha 4

Achto
3 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

. 'specially   those two items to the far left! 

They looked pretty good when I left. There was a little dust that showed up on the belt guard that hopefully I was able to bury.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Achto

@WHX24, By about hour 4, I sure missed your help wet sanding.:D

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Pullstart

Is that your shop Dan?  Where does all the stuff go when you paint?  That sheet metal looks flawless!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

Paint does look nice. Mind me asking what gun/tip you use and type of paint? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Achto
8 hours ago, pullstart said:

Is that your shop Dan?  Where does all the stuff go when you paint?  That sheet metal looks flawless!

Thanks Kevin,:) This is actually the shop at my Mom's. Between my dad & I there has been many gallons of paint sprayed in this shop over the years.

• Like 5

Achto
1 hour ago, 19richie66 said:

Paint does look nice. Mind me asking what gun/tip you use and type of paint? 

Here is a link to the paint that I use on all of my tractors. It's a single stage acrylic enamel, I also use their gloss hardener in it.

https://www.vansicklepaint.com/products/performance-ag-fleet

The gun that I use to spray with is nothing special or expensive. I use the large gun out of this set with the 1.4mm tip. My only complaint with this gun is that the larger aluminum cup that they sell will not fit this gun so I am stuck with the smaller plastic one that comes with it.

https://www.harborfreight.com/professional-automotive-hvlp-spray-gun-kit-94572.html

Edited by Achto
  • Like 3

Racinbob

"Refreshing your 701"? Isn't that a bit of an understatement? :lol:

That's looking great!:)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Achto
2 minutes ago, Racinbob said:

"Refreshing your 701"? Isn't that a bit of an understatement? :lol:

:lol:

I didn't tear the engine or transmission down, so I consider it more of a refresh than a restore.:)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

WHX??

It was restoed once before Bob but not the best or no where near to Dan's  perfection! :occasion-xmas:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

I'm liken those rears Dan I had an eyeball on them for the flame but the X 4 was a killer! Guess I just gotta run those old Pullstart hand me downs on my 701...that's alright my herd is ag heavy anyway! 

So anyway here's the ? gents... Dan thinks the front rims should be mounted with the valve stem to the inside which makes sense for stem protection and wheel weights. If that's true all my early sixties tractor are on backwards. Issue with running them to the inside the rim gets pretty close to the spindle arm. .... some pics as I was playing... anyone know which is correct? 

20210411_182238.jpg

20210411_182234.jpg

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 1