jeremi3210

Steve

jeremi3210

Meet Steve my sons new pulling tractor! Got a 16 kohler in it, and a c81 I picked up from @pullstartto much snow to give him a go but I think he will pull great!

20210221_121351.jpg

20210221_121412.jpg

Edited by jeremi3210
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 4

Ed Kennell

Never saw a puller with the weights on the wheelie wheels.   Seems they should be in front of the rear axle.    Let us know how it pulls and steers. :)

• Like 1

Pullstart

Awesome build @jeremi3210!  @Ed Kennell I wonder if it’s a good weight balance given that his son is just a little guy?  I am no puller expert at all!

DennisThornton

I like it and while I don't follow pulling I do look when I see one.  Not seen weights on the wheelie bars yet... 

Suppose that would REALLY make the wheelie bar necessary!

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
4 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I am no puller expert at all!

No puller guy here either Kev.      It just looks like the wheelies would be down all the time causing no steering and no traction.     

• Like 1

Pullstart

Amazing what turf tires’ll bite into with enough weight!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

Nice to see those 6” fronts made the build too :handgestures-thumbupright:  I was reluctant to pull them from a running/driving machine, but sticking 8” “junker” or so I thought on my FEL, made a huge improvement for me!

• Like 1

DennisThornton
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

Nice to see those 6” fronts made the build too :handgestures-thumbupright:  I was reluctant to pull them from a running/driving machine, but sticking 8” “junker” or so I thought on my FEL, made a huge improvement for me!

I'm confused.  First cup of coffee...

Pullstart
1 hour ago, DennisThornton said:

I'm confused.  First cup of coffee...

“Steve” came from my place.  Jeremi had asked if I could throw some 6” front wheels in.  Lower front = better hook in the sled pull I guess.  I pulled them from “Stormy” my FEL tractor.  Once he found out I pulled them from a running/driving tractor he felt a little bad and told me I didn’t need to do that.  Well, the 8” wheels and tires I found in the parts pile to replace them hold air very well and roll nice and smooth, turn great, etc.  we both benefited!

• Like 1

DennisThornton
29 minutes ago, pullstart said:

“Steve” came from my place.  Jeremi had asked if I could throw some 6” front wheels in.  Lower front = better hook in the sled pull I guess.  I pulled them from “Stormy” my FEL tractor.  Once he found out I pulled them from a running/driving tractor he felt a little bad and told me I didn’t need to do that.  Well, the 8” wheels and tires I found in the parts pile to replace them hold air very well and roll nice and smooth, turn great, etc.  we both benefited!

You're happier with the 8".  I'm OK now.  Thanks

• Haha 1