squonk

Wheel horse been bunking with a Gravely

ebinmaine

I want one. 

DennisThornton

NEAT!  That's part 9.  The ride through the woods is about the same from beginning to end if you wanted to skip part of that and goto the beginning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOUWtTcacTw&list=PLO4fbBiNeiYihjWhK-iYMZOTdOKNPVDCg

I couldn't find a part 10 or newer...

DennisThornton
5 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I want one. 

Me first!  Unless you are building!

ebinmaine
24 minutes ago, DennisThornton said:

Me first!  Unless you are building!

Oh no no. You go ahead. 

peter lena

love it ! very solid thinking and work out , like that he has made two of the most solid cast iron units made into one , terrific job, pete

• Like 1

DennisThornton
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Oh no no. You go ahead. 

I love this stuff but I keep telling myself it's better to buy one.  Even if it has issues, as long as the price is right.

• Like 1

squonk

He seized the rear planetary at plow day. Replaced the 341 with an Onan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgwLYQyFvo4

Edited by squonk

8ntruck

I wonder if there was the ability to twist in the articulation joint?  Didn't look like it could in that video.

squonk
1 hour ago, 8ntruck said:

I wonder if there was the ability to twist in the articulation joint?  Didn't look like it could in that video.

Watching the build video's it didn't look like it.

Pullstart

A fisher plow pump for hydraulics!  I love it!  Those will easily lift an 8’ blade... why not hydraulics for a tractor?

• Like 1

DennisThornton
10 hours ago, pullstart said:

A fisher plow pump for hydraulics!  I love it!  Those will easily lift an 8’ blade... why not hydraulics for a tractor?

Where? For? What do you mean? 

I have a full setup and two 12 V systems just setting around.  One will go on a Jeep Cherokee somehow but that still leaves 2 more. 

Handy Don
10 hours ago, pullstart said:

Scouted FB and CL in my vicinity for one of these a while back out of curiosity. Best price I saw was $450 for a really tired one and the wiring was shot.  

Short stroke (4"-5"), very high force (1000+ lbs), lotsa current needed (?). 

Pullstart
38 minutes ago, DennisThornton said:

Where? For? What do you mean? 

I have a full setup and two 12 V systems just setting around.  One will go on a Jeep Cherokee somehow but that still leaves 2 more. 

13 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Scouted FB and CL in my vicinity for one of these a while back out of curiosity. Best price I saw was $450 for a really tired one and the wiring was shot.  

Short stroke (4"-5"), very high force (1000+ lbs), lotsa current needed (?). 

No, the belt driven pump on that gravely build is an OLD fisher under the hood plow pump.  It’s an awesome pump, it’s in the video I posted above, one of my old plow trucks.  It has it8s own reservoir.

• Thanks 1

DennisThornton
5 minutes ago, pullstart said:

No, the belt driven pump on that gravely build is an OLD fisher under the hood plow pump.  It’s an awesome pump, it’s in the video I posted above, one of my old plow trucks.  It has it8s own reservoir.

Pretty sure that's what I have.  I think from the 70s.

• Excellent 1

c-series don

Not to get off topic, but that Fisher belt driven plow set up I think was the best. I have owned several of them. There was no battery draw and it was SIMPLE, NO ELECTRONICS. If something went wrong you could physically see it and it was easily fixed. A hose or cable, no solenoids or trying to find a bad connection. Remember when plowing snow, battery draw is a big deal. Most of the time you have the lights, wipers, and heat on all drawing on the battery. This is especially critical when plowing parking lots, where the plow is constantly going up,down,left and right. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

squonk
On 2/21/2021 at 11:17 AM, c-series don said:

Not to get off topic, but that Fisher belt driven plow set up I think was the best. I have owned several of them. There was no battery draw and it was SIMPLE, NO ELECTRONICS. If something went wrong you could physically see it and it was easily fixed. A hose or cable, no solenoids or trying to find a bad connection. Remember when plowing snow, battery draw is a big deal. Most of the time you have the lights, wipers, and heat on all drawing on the battery. This is especially critical when plowing parking lots, where the plow is constantly going up,down,left and right. 

EXCEPT! When you install a brand new rad on a Dodge Power Wagon on Sunday and on your way to work on Monday the pump pulley welded to the crankshaft pulley brakes of at 55 mph and hits said Rad! :(

• Sad 2