peter lena

just got covid shots secured

JoeM

And you don't know what to believe. My wife has been on the Washington Health System Register for over three weeks and nothing has moved. My neighbor and his wife called their PCP (the same PCP as the wife) on Thursday and Scheduled for shot on Monday, WHS. The wife called the PCP and they said we don't schedule or help schedule. The neighbor is reliable. I figure there is some hocus pocus is going on. 

Myself.....I want the J & J anyway. coming out today :D

• Sad 1

953 nut

My big brother (81) who lives in Syracuse, NY suffered a stroke a couple of weeks ago. As strokes go it was fairly mild, slurred speech, diminished use of left leg and arm. He was tested for Covid 19 while in the ambulance and was negative so was admitted to the hospital. He requested a vaccination for covid but was told that this was not done at the hospital. They said he could be vaccinated at the mass vaccination site at the NY Fairgrounds.   :soapbox: He is flat on his back in the hospital, how is he supposed to get to and from the fairgrounds?  ?  ?  ?

After four days at the hospital he was transferred to a nursing/rehab center and once again tested negative before they would accept him. He requested a vaccination and was told that the next round of shots would be given in mid March. Yesterday he tested positive for covid 19 though he has no symptoms so far. He was moved to the covid wing where he will have to stay for two weeks and will not receive any physical therapy for the stroke while in there.

The system sure isn't working well in NY.

• Sad 3

rmaynard

I hope that his Covid test was a false positive. Just before my wife's surgery she tested positive after having had 3 negative tests and 2 months of quarantine. She developed zero symptoms but had to wait another 3 weeks for her surgery. I don't know why hospitals don't have the vaccine for cases like your brother. Maybe with the new J&J that can be kept at room temp, they will.