peter lena

just got covid shots secured

JoeM

And you don't know what to believe. My wife has been on the Washington Health System Register for over three weeks and nothing has moved. My neighbor and his wife called their PCP (the same PCP as the wife) on Thursday and Scheduled for shot on Monday, WHS. The wife called the PCP and they said we don't schedule or help schedule. The neighbor is reliable. I figure there is some hocus pocus is going on. 

Myself.....I want the J & J anyway. coming out today :D

• Sad 2
  • Heart 1

953 nut

My big brother (81) who lives in Syracuse, NY suffered a stroke a couple of weeks ago. As strokes go it was fairly mild, slurred speech, diminished use of left leg and arm. He was tested for Covid 19 while in the ambulance and was negative so was admitted to the hospital. He requested a vaccination for covid but was told that this was not done at the hospital. They said he could be vaccinated at the mass vaccination site at the NY Fairgrounds.   :soapbox: He is flat on his back in the hospital, how is he supposed to get to and from the fairgrounds?  ?  ?  ?

After four days at the hospital he was transferred to a nursing/rehab center and once again tested negative before they would accept him. He requested a vaccination and was told that the next round of shots would be given in mid March. Yesterday he tested positive for covid 19 though he has no symptoms so far. He was moved to the covid wing where he will have to stay for two weeks and will not receive any physical therapy for the stroke while in there.

The system sure isn't working well in NY.

• Sad 8

rmaynard

I hope that his Covid test was a false positive. Just before my wife's surgery she tested positive after having had 3 negative tests and 2 months of quarantine. She developed zero symptoms but had to wait another 3 weeks for her surgery. I don't know why hospitals don't have the vaccine for cases like your brother. Maybe with the new J&J that can be kept at room temp, they will. 

• Sad 1
  • Heart 1

Ed Kennell

The lack of any vaccine registration system here in PeeAaa is really criminal.   All the data (name , address, age) exists in Harrisburg  thru the photo ID drivers license  to create a vaccine registration by age.

The major healthcare systems could also offer a registration system.  They also have all the personal health data required to create a  system based on need.  

Instead it is a frustrating 24/7 monitoring of all local distributing sites that may offer an opening due to a cancelation .     None of them will take a registration until there is a shipment of vaccine scheduled to be delivered and these deliveries  are kept secret.   So, if you don't have an inside informant in the system, there is no way to know when and where the new vaccine shipments are available.

So sad to see a miraculous development of vaccines in a short time and now no fair  efficient way to get it to those that need it.

When I log on  the 1/2 dozen sites I monitor of course I have to complete the qualifier quiz.

I have been checking the over 75 box, the heart disease box, and the kidney disease box.

Today, I will smoke a cigar and eat two donuts so I can now also check the smoker and overweight qualifier boxes.

Another day of this frustration and I will also be able to check the seizure and mental disability boxes.

This should move me up on the list.       Maybe I'll  get lucky today.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Heart 1

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

will not receive any physical therapy for the stroke while in there.

So sorry Richard.   So sad to see the failures and the lies and cover up of the failures.

• Sad 1
  • Heart 1

Maxwell-8

You guys over in the united states are vaccinating like crazy. averaging 1.7M a day!!! 

We in Belgium are averaging a 10.000 a day. even though Pfizer and Johnson gets made here. 

• Sad 4

Ed Kennell

PeeAaa claimed another record.     #1 highest road maintenance tax on gasoline. .   #1 worst road maintenance.     And now #1 for lowest covid vaccinations..  only.4.8% of the state residents.

• Sad 2

squonk

First Richard, sorry to hear about your brother. Hope everything turns out ok.

One thing we must remember is the logistics of trying to vaccinate a few billion people.  Vaccine plants running 24/7. Co2 plants running 24/7. We've never done this before.The Pfizer vac which I got and which is what Syracuse has must be stored in a deep freeze. Once thawed for use it cannot be re-freezed and must be used or thrown away. That is one reason they don't vaccinate everyday and you must have appointment so they know how many vials they are going to thaw. You cannot get this at a doctor or a nursing home because they are not going to buy a deep freezer at $30 grand and up. (and I would imagine the price skyrocketed with the demand once the vaccine became available. Most hospitals have a deep freezer BUT it is regulated to what can be put inside. The one I worked in had cadaver parts used for surgeries. (tendons ect.) I'm sure regulations would not allow vaccines in them. I took care of all the equipment and even the pharmacy had multiple refrigeration units because things had to be kept separate.  Again most hospitals aren't going to buy another freezer if they aren't forced to.

Moderna needs to be stored around -20. Not as deep a freeze as Pfizer. Still no doctor's office or nursing home will have one on site. Moderna cannot be stored below -40 so dry ice can't be used in shipping. You can't throw a few hundred doses in the back of a Chevy Suburban and drive it 5 hours across a state. 

The weather caused massive delays in shipment. I hope no lost vaccines due to being ruined with the delays.

The J & J vac will be a game changer once it's out. No deep freeze. Can be stored in regular refrigerators. This means doctor's offices and nursing home will be able to have it on hand. It will be just like a flu shot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

squonk
Just now, Ed Kennell said:

#1 worst road maintenance.     

Who ever came up with that hasn't driven thru Rochester NY! :auto-crash:

• Haha 1

squonk

Another thing I would like to ad is that the Syracuse Fairgrounds site was extremely well run and organized. Lots of National Guardsmen to help direct you and the staff running the clinic were plentiful and friendly. My Son got his first shot on Sunday at the Rochester Dome Arena and reported the same thing.

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

Ed Kennell
19 minutes ago, squonk said:

Who ever came up with that hasn't driven thru Rochester NY! :auto-crash:

You're right Mike.   I just checked and NY has a lower ranking on road condition than Pee Aaa.

But we still claim the higher gas tax at $0.59/gallon on gas and $0.75/gallon on diesel.  NY is only $0.46 and $0.45.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

AMC RULES

Just saw a headline where some counties in NJ are finially taking matters into their own hands and beginning to register seniors for the vaccine themselves.

• Excellent 3

Stormin

Got my first jab two weeks ago at my doctors surgery. They phone us with an appointment time. I was in and out in ten minutes. As I was leaving they gave me an appointment for my second in April. SWMBO goes for her first on Thursday.

It's done by age over here in the UK. Started with over 80s and now is 60 - 70.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Got my first jab today at the VA , return on 3/23. Nurse told me they are vaccinating 150 to 200 vets a day  ( that includes Saturday ) at this location. So operating 6 days a week at 7 hours per day at 150 per day , they are jabbing approximately 6300 per week. Already scheduling the age 60's. Not bad for a Fed run hospital . 

• Like 1
  • Heart 2

SylvanLakeWH
56 minutes ago, Stormin said:

It's done by age over here in the UK. Started with over 80s and now is 60 - 70.

Imagine that... Simple, targets the highest impacted group, most everyone knows their age... :handgestures-thumbupright:

Maybe the US could follow suit...? NAH... :(

• Sad 2

Ed Kennell
8 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

, most everyone knows their age... :handgestures-thumbupright:

And if you forgot,  The  IRS  can remind you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

AMC RULES

Evening news said enough vaccines will be available in May for everyone in the U.S. to get a shot.

Just saw this posted in my FB feed.

Screenshot_20210302-190900_Facebook.jpg

Let's get it done people! 👍👍

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Ed Kennell
7 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

enough vaccines will be available in May for everyone

Looks like I get the last one on May31......Just in time for the Show.         :woohoo:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: Whatever it takes to make it happen Edog!   :woohoo:

• Like 3

WHX??

Trade ya my shot for a senior Madge? I'll take good care of it promise.... I'll even name it Covideous ....after a famous Roman gladiator. :ychain:

Seriously  prolly gonna come down to gotta carry proof you had the shot to go anywhere. To those who got theirs do they give you any proof you got it ?

Dan and I been eyeballing them BS dates bigtime but we have a serious dilemma on which tractors to bring. You guys behave you might get seat time on a diesel :wh:....hope yer happy Madge now you got me jonesing! 

• Like 4

elcamino/wheelhorse

@WHX24 I got a card indicating who made it , my name , date , and initials of the shot giver  and that it was my first shot. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

AMC RULES

Yep. I have a card, shot record.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ed Kennell

Is that a punch card for boosters 1,2,3,4....

• Haha 1

AMC RULES

Should be required to get on the :wh: big show field.  🙀

• Heart 1

WHX??

I can see airlines, hospitals and such checking for proof.... just sayin... whatever it takes to kick this monkey off everyone's back. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1