peter lena

just got covid shots secured

Ed Kennell

hSee the source imageAny  chance you could send your guy to PeeeAaaa  for a couple days Bob?                    

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Haha 1

Racinbob

I would if I could Ed as long as you promise to let him come back. He did just get re-elected for another term by a wide margin. :)

• Heart 1

Ed Kennell

A local Rite Aid Pharmacy  was administering vaccines yesterday.   I couldn't secure a reservation so I sat there and waited in case there was a no-show.   No luck.

I did learn UMPC healthcare is taking reservations.   I made the call and for the first time , got a real person that put us on the list and promised we would be called to confirm an appointment when vaccine was available in our county.

This is the first positive action I have seen from any provider in PeeAaa.        I continue to monitor several local providers hourly for an opening.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

rmaynard

Good luck Ed. I know this is a tedious process. It shouldn't be. Seems like the only state that has gotten it right is West Virginia.

https://governor.wv.gov/News/press-releases/2021/Pages/COVID-19-UPDATE-Gov.-Justice-West-Virginia-once-again-surpasses-100-percent-vaccine-administration-rate.aspx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JC 1965

I get my second shot later today.   :dance:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

AMC RULES

Was in line for my first dose yesterday.

20210224_091323.jpg.72bb2602fdd194aff95da7582db1f5af.jpg

• Like 4

my first shot has now been rescheduled for tomorrow (2-26-21) at 9:40 AM

• Like 1

squonk

Went to the NYS Fairgrounds for my 1st today. Got there an hour early and I got right in. Stood in line for maybe 20 minutes and I was directed to a table. Nurse gave me the shot and while another worker got my 2nd appt scheduled. Mar 18th :banana-linedance:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

Zeek

Our target was to get below 10% here in FL. We did that 1/22. Hopefully we are about to get below 5% according to FL Dept. of Health website, and that's being fully open :banana-dance:

image.png.63d3e3d39b93d09ccf2103883fd20059.png

• Like 2

dcrage

Got my 2nd today. Now my wife and I and both of my daughters (healthcare workers) have been vaccinated. Hopefully we can all get together in the next month!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

Ed Kennell

Scanning PeeAaa sites since 4:30 this morning....NADA.

• Sad 3

Ed Kennell

3 hours and nothing.....time for a breakfast break.   After I send a comment to  Gov. Wolf's  PeeAaa  covid hot line.

• Sad 3

rmaynard

Ed, I don't know if you've tried, but CVS has opened vaccinations in PA. I have a friend who added CVS to her routine every morning and eventually got an opening.

• Thanks 1

Ed Kennell

Thanks Bob,   I have been monitoring CVS and Rite Aid sites.  I just missed a 3/2, 11:15  cancellation at a local Rite Aid.    Another customer beat me to it.

I also just added the  Wall Mart  site.  Nothing yet in Pa. but I am watching a Wall Mart in Elkton, Md.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

ohiofarmer

It got discouraging watching the wife searching around all over Ohio for an appointment. then, out of the blue, the place that our local gossip rag paper told us to apply 9 and she first applied to) called her for an appointment. Even though i would have been called until the older ones had all been called first, they allow for spouses of a qualifying age to get er done together. Arm stick at 1330 hours.

• Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

Hurrah for the VA first stick 3/2/2021 at 3:45 pm second stick 3/23/2021 at the same time. Wife getting a jag stuck in Foo Foo land.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

Ed Kennell

No luck for Ed Dog.     I did have 3 close calls on the Rite Aid site today.   Three  openings popped up at a local RA., but when I clicked the confirm, message comes back  " Sorry, another customer has secured this appointment".              Probably hundreds watching the site and the one with the fastest data link wins.     What a crap shoot system.   

Another interesting note,  Philadelphia  City  has their own  vaccine registration system  seperate from the rest of the state. 

• Sad 3

AMC RULES

@Ed Kennell

Keep the faith Dog.

Sure your day is coming soon.  :pray:

• Thanks 1

squonk

You pretty much have to sit all day at a computer with 4 or 5 windows going to get an appt. The day of my appt. My niece texted me (she works at the County Health Dept.) that they were going to have a Clinic on Monday with 200 shots. I declined with my other appt. only a few hours later in the day. Let someone else have it. Those 200 appts. lasted 10 minutes.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
5 minutes ago, squonk said:

(she works at the County Health Dept

This is the key to success in PeeAaa.     With no preregistration system, you need an insider to quickly inform you of vaccine  availability.

The problem now anyone over 16 yoa that smokes or is overweight is qualified for a vaccine.    That probably covers 90% of the population.

• Sad 2

squonk
9 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

This is the key to success in PeeAaa.     With no preregistration system, you need an insider to quickly inform you of vaccine  availability.

The problem now anyone over 16 yoa that smokes or is overweight is qualified for a vaccine.    That probably covers 90% of the population.

You're being kind with that 90% Ed! :)

rmaynard
43 minutes ago, squonk said:

You pretty much have to sit all day at a computer with 4 or 5 windows going to get an appt. 

My daughter who secured appointments for me, my wife, herself, my daughter-in-law, my grandson, and a friend with multiple comorbidities, said that she could NOT use her phone to get the appointments. She had to use an actual computer. A friend of my wife who also has been successful securing appointments said the same thing. She could not use her phone and had to use a computer. :dunno: I don't know what difference it makes, but having secured at least ten appointments between them, I guess there is some truth to it.

• Like 1

squonk
1 minute ago, rmaynard said:

My daughter who secured appointments for me, my wife, herself, my daughter-in-law, my grandson, and a friend with multiple comorbidities, said that she could NOT use her phone to get the appointments. She had to use an actual computer. A friend of my wife who also has been successful securing appointments said the same thing. She could not use her phone and had to use a computer. :dunno: I don't know what difference it makes, but having secured at least ten appointments between them, I guess there is some truth to it.

You pretty much have to be online with several sites. They seem to want everything done online nowadays. I suppose sometimes it may be difficult to hear or understand someone over the phone. and it also could be to avoid errors on the shot provider end entering information. Doing it online all the information is documented.

• Like 1

rmaynard

She was not doing voice attempts, but using links on the phones browser.  Found that the phone was too slow, so she went to the laptop.

Edited by rmaynard

Ed Kennell

I am using a laptop w/ comcasts highest speed wireless router to monitor all three major pharmacy chains, Rite Aid, CVS, and Wall Mart, that are part of the Federal Retail Pharmacy Partnership program.

None of these have a preregistration system....just continue to monitor and wait for a cancellation.

Only  one of our  healthcare systems UMPC  makes reservations with a call back when vaccine is available.    They  took my info via voice phone and replied with an email confirming I was registered and would be called when a vaccine was available.

• Like 1